I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2024, 07:02:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Got an unusual problem
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Got an unusual problem  (Read 2968 times)
Xbandito

« on: January 24, 2010, 02:02:24 AM »

Well you cant really call it a problem, more like something you do not expect. Twice now after coming off D, I find that I urinate alot, a lot more than normal and it's not that I have drunk that much neither. Cup of tea and 250ml of a 500ml bottle of water whilst on D, then at home during the day, four cups of tea.....but I am going for a tinkle every twenty minutes or so....and it's a river flow not a stream  :o
Is this normal after just starting D (only two sessions to date) ???
galvo
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 03:47:02 AM »

I don't know if it's normal or not, but I, too, pee like a fountain after D.

Galvo
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 05:09:33 AM »

Mum used to do that when she was on haemo....

On the other hand, it's great when that happens... Means you don't have to be quite so strict with your fluid intake... Mum's neph. said one litre per day, plus what you get rid of in the way nature intended!....

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
Xbandito

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 05:59:36 AM »

Hmm had nothing in the way of what I can or cannot drink or eat .....yet, so I am just drinking as normal, a cuppa when I want a cuppa.
Did wonder when the renal sister was a bit annoyed when she spotted my bottle of water I took with me to D.
I wonder if D is helping the kidneys, in taking out the toxins and letting the kidneys just get rid of the fluid ??
billybags
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 07:24:06 AM »

I think it is really good that you are still peeing. It will dribble off the longer you are on d.
cdwbrooklyn

Positive Thoughts equal Positive Energy

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 11:48:41 AM »

"I think it is really good that you are still peeing. It will dribble off the longer you are on d."

Sorry billbag, I strongly disagree.  I've been on D for about 11 years and I am still peeing strongly.  It depends on how much water/ liquid I drink.  I was told the same thing when I first started D. I've learned that everyone is different.  It happens to some and it doesn't happen to some. 

If you are still peeing, it's a good sign that your kidneys are still working.  Not 100 percent but it's still functioning.   Do what you can to keep it functioning?   What happens to one patient does not mean it will happen to another patient.   Each patient is different and response to D differently. 

CDW  :o

Dailysis patient for since 1999 and still kicking it strong.  I was called for a transplant but could not get it due to damage veins from extremely high blood pressure.  Have it under control now, on NxStage System but will receive dailysis for the rest of my life.  Does life sucks because of this.  ABOLUTELY NOT!  Life is what you make it good, bad, sick, or healthy.  Praise God I'm still functioning as a normal person just have to take extra steps.
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 09:05:43 PM »

I wish I had this "problem" !!!  :rofl;

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
peleroja
Elite Member

I have 16 hats, all the same style!

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 12:34:53 PM »

Don't know about hemo, but when I was on manual PD, I always had to pee immediately after an exchange.
sullidog
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 04:19:49 PM »

I have the same issue, I pea more on a dialysis day after my treatment but I always blamed the saline.
Troy

May 13, 2009, went to urgent care with shortness of breath
May 19, 2009, went to doctor for severe nausea
May 20, 2009, admited to hospital for kidney failure
May 20, 2009, started dialysis with a groin cath
May 25, 2009, permacath was placed
august 24, 2009, was suppose to have access placement but instead was admited to hospital for low potassium
august 25, 2009, access placement
January 16, 2010 thrombectomy was done on access
Xbandito

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 05:09:43 AM »

Hmm how much saline do they use...or to be more clear, how much actually enters your bloodstream ??....will ask them tomorrow
hurlock1

THIS MEMBER IS BANNED FROM IHD

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2010, 08:21:10 AM »

If you "go", and you go every hr. or so, or whenever, Your body keeps on working while you're on dialysis. If you're on dialysis for 4 hr. and can't just get up and go, The fluid builds up, then when you get off and go, you GO.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »