I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 03:43:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  How often do you dialyze, and how many hours per treatment?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How often do you dialyze, and how many hours per treatment?  (Read 12009 times)
MelissaJean

it's better to find peace than understanding

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2006, 05:59:58 PM »

CCPD everyday, 7.5Hrs 3 exchanges with a 2  hour dwell.  Just changed from 9 hours with 1.5 hour dwell. 

~Melissa~

"just run with me through rows of speeding cars"

- Born with Cystic Fibrosis
- Received double lung transplant 11/9/2001
- Complications from transplant:  Diabetes, Kidney Failure
- Started dialysis 6/6/06
jedimaster

Stainboy is....alive!!!

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2006, 01:32:31 PM »

I do 4 hours 5 days a week at home. Will try to do 8 hours every night soon...when I'm ready...not quite yet :-\
Zach
Elite Member

"Still crazy after all these years."

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2006, 09:40:42 PM »

Sounds like you're on the right path!
 :beer1;

Uninterrupted in-center (self-care) hemodialysis since 1982 -- 34 YEARS on March 3, 2016 !!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No transplant.  Not yet, anyway.  Only decided to be listed on 11/9/06. Inactive at the moment.  ;)
I make films.

Just the facts: 70.0 kgs. (about 154 lbs.)
Treatment: Tue-Thur-Sat   5.5 hours, 2x/wk, 6 hours, 1x/wk
Dialysate flow (Qd)=600;  Blood pump speed(Qb)=315
Fresenius Optiflux-180 filter--without reuse
Fresenius 2008T dialysis machine
My KDOQI Nutrition (+/ -):  2,450 Calories, 84 grams Protein/day.

"Living a life, not an apology."
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2006, 03:15:45 AM »

Me: 3 times a week.  3.5 hours/tx.  Standard, in-center.

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
Ken Shelmerdine
Elite Member

Life's a bitch and then you go on dialysis!

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2006, 07:18:16 AM »

PD  Mon Tues Wed Thurs and Sun nights on a Baxter cycler a for 8 hours with 3x2ltr. fills. Emty during the day except for Friday Sat. and Sun.  Friday 2x1.5litre CAPD exchanges and dry at night. Saturday 3x1.5 CAPD exchanges dry at night. Sunday 2x1.5 CAPD exchanges and back on the cycler at night.

I do CAPD on Friday and Sunday so that I can sleep in my in my own bed with my Mrs.

Ken
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2006, 10:00:14 AM »

PD  Mon Tues Wed Thurs and Sun nights on a Baxter cycler a for 8 hours with 3x2ltr. fills. Emty during the day except for Friday Sat. and Sun.  Friday 2x1.5litre CAPD exchanges and dry at night. Saturday 3x1.5 CAPD exchanges dry at night. Sunday 2x1.5 CAPD exchanges and back on the cycler at night.

I do CAPD on Friday and Sunday so that I can sleep in my in my own bed with my Mrs.

Hey, you get a night off?  i wish i could, but i have a drinking problem, lol,  what are your total UF's like Ken?  When i use 2 reds and 1 green, i get a Uf of close to 3,000 with a manual drain of 3800   :o ::) 

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Stacy Without An E

God's Action Figure

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2006, 12:39:45 PM »

I've been a three day a week, three hour treatments since I started back in May of 2004.  My doctor (for whatever reason, probably to save money at the clinic) tried lowering me to 2 1/2 hours and then 2, but the pain was unbearable.

What's interesting is I just signed up for a national research study at my clinic.  I'll be placed into one of two groups, the control group 3 hours a week, three hours at a time.  Or I'll be placed in the experimental group 6 days a week for two hours.  It's a one year study and they believe 6 days a week could help alleviate the side effects of Dialysis.  I've had to undergo a ton of tests, mental, physical and medical.  But they pay $75 for the MRI and $30 a week for extra travel costs to and from Dialysis.

I find out in early November which group I'm in.  I'm not excited about more needle sticks, but if it makes me feel better (and improves the quality of my radio show) then it's all worth it.

Stacy Without An E

1st Kidney Transplant: May 1983
2nd Kidney Transplant: January 1996
3rd Kidney Transplant: Any day now.

The Adventures of Stacy Without An E
stacywithoutane.blogspot.com

Dialysis.  Two needles.  One machine.  No compassion.
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2006, 07:23:16 PM »

I find out in early November which group I'm in.  I'm not excited about more needle sticks, but if it makes me feel better (and improves the quality of my radio show) then it's all worth it.
More needle sticks? Don't you do button hole?

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2006, 11:29:44 PM »

I do in-centre haemo (the only option here), three days per week -  M, W, F, and for 4 hours.

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Ken Shelmerdine
Elite Member

« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2006, 05:09:54 AM »

Hey, you get a night off?  i wish i could, but i have a drinking problem, lol,  what are your total UF's like Ken?  When i use 2 reds and 1 green, i get a Uf of close to 3,000 with a manual drain of 3800   :o ::) 
Goofynina, sorry that was a typing error. In the last line 'I do CAPD on Friday and Sunday' should have read Friday Saturday and Sunday so that I can sleep in my own bed Friday and Saturday.  I do  daytime CAPD to compensate for my nights off.

My UF is always a zero or minus figure up to now because I'm still peeing like John Wayne's Horse!.  I only use the weak stuff in the yellow bags but I guess once my output starts to go less I'll go onto the stronger fluid.

Ken
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2006, 05:22:28 AM »

My UF is always a zero or minus figure up to now because I'm still peeing like John Wayne's Horse!.  I only use the weak stuff in the yellow bags but I guess once my output starts to go less I'll go onto the stronger fluid.

When I was on PD I was always using the Yellow (1.5%) bags until I finally stopped peeing. Then most of the time it was the green bags (2.5%) and once in awhile (rarely) it was the red ones (4.25%) bags.

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
Ken Shelmerdine
Elite Member

« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2006, 05:47:40 AM »

When I was on PD I was always using the Yellow (1.5%) bags until I finally stopped peeing. Then most of the time it was the green bags (2.5%) and once in awhile (rarely) it was the red ones (4.25%) bags.

Is the stuff in the red bags the one that puts a lot of wear and tear on the peritoneum till eventually it becomes unusable?

Ken
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2006, 05:51:38 AM »

I have never heard that, i just know the red bags are the  ones loaded with the most amount of calories and that is the one that makes you gain the weight the most, but luckily, even though i use a red one everyday, i havent gained so i think it all depends on the person,  the red ones help alot when you are really overloaded.  I have been getting these dizzy spells and my PD nurse told me to try and use 3 greens instead of 2 greens and a red cuz she thinks i may be dehydrated, huh? imagine that, me? dehdrated?  yah right, lol, 

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Panda_9

« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2006, 03:40:37 PM »

Goofinya, if you are dehydrated why the hell would she get you to use a green and red bags? I dont get it  :-\ I got so dehydrated on PD from being sick everyday that I was almost bad enough to use a 0% bag. If you are dizzy (depending on BP), I would be using a yellow bag. But I guess you know how much fluid you have on, and what your BP is.
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2006, 05:58:47 PM »

I have never heard that, i just know the red bags are the  ones loaded with the most amount of calories and that is the one that makes you gain the weight the most, but luckily, even though i use a red one everyday, i havent gained so i think it all depends on the person,  the red ones help alot when you are really overloaded.  I have been getting these dizzy spells and my PD nurse told me to try and use 3 greens instead of 2 greens and a red cuz she thinks i may be dehydrated, huh? imagine that, me? dehdrated?  yah right, lol, 
Ya I got myself dehydrated once while on PD cycler. One of the signs is definately dizzyness.

I had to switch from using green to using yellow and a green once in awhile.

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
kevno

« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2006, 09:36:40 AM »

Tues/Thurs/Sat 4hours each time. Tescio Lines in neck for past 4 years, the ones I have in now, I have had in for over 3 years. But the Nurses are trying to get me back on Needles. But my fistula is a new one, got formed May 1980 ::) Only let two Nurses put needles in, if not there the lines are used. Lucky for me Shirley as been off for the last 3 weeks. But she was back on Thursday so had One Needle, I was like a rabbit caught in the headlights of a car :o

But this little saying keeps me going!!

"RENAL PATIENTS NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!"
Russ

« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2006, 07:38:37 AM »

I run 5 hours, 3x/week.  In December, I should be dialyzing at home 6x/week on NxStage.
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2006, 10:59:27 AM »

I do PD... so I do dialysis everynight 8-9 hours. 6 fills of 2400, 45 min dwells, no last fill. So... 365 days a year I do dialysis.. wheeee.

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
MattyBoy100

What's dialysis?

« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2006, 01:52:09 AM »

Three times a week on M/W/F evenings after work from 5pm - 10pm for 4.25 hours. Get home at about 11pm at night completely knackered (that means exhausted to you Americans out there!)

SCOTLAND NO.1
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »