I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 01:06:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Transplant Discussion
| | |-+  6th donor denied
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 6th donor denied  (Read 2603 times)
staceyand joe92

« on: October 21, 2009, 07:22:57 PM »

Just got a call from my 6th living donor. He was denied because his blood didn't clot fast enough during his physical exam.  I pray that my next donor will work out. Emotionally I'm drained and it's hard to keep a happy face on all the time when you are crying on the inside.

PKD
in center dialysis 3/week 3 hours for 16 months
11/2008 transplant list (active)
6 living donors denied
12/2009 Kidney Transplant
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 07:47:59 PM »

We had nine potential donors found to be unsuitable. It is awful I know. But you want to be sure no harm comes to a person generous enough to put themselves through surgery, so the transplant team must be very thorough. Hang in there.  :grouphug;

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
kellyt
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 10:39:18 AM »

The testing process is so exciting, but the denials are really draining.  I had three denied and it was hard.  Just remind yourself "They are not denying potential donors, they are finding your PERFECT kidney".  I firmly believe I got the kidney God wanted me to have.

Hang in there!  We're with you all the way!   :grouphug;

1993 diagnosed with glomerulonephritis.
Oct 41, 2007 - Got fistula placed.
Feb 13, 2008 - Activated on "the list".
Nov 5, 2008 - Received living donor transplant from my sister-in-law, Etta.
Nov 5, 2011 - THREE YEARS POST TRANSPLANT!  :D
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 11:05:33 AM »

I, also, had six denied.  It is mentally overwhelming.  I always put on a good face, so I don't think many really know how this effected me.  Keep looking forward - number 7 just may be your lucky number!   I am sorry this one didn't work out.   :cuddle;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
staceyand joe92

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 11:35:29 PM »

I told the nurses and techs today about my donor being denied. They were very sweet and concerned. They even got me a card and several of them came over to talk to me. I know some centers are not great but the staff at mine seem to really care. Everyone keeps telling me I have to wait for the "perfect" kidney. I'm waiting.......

PKD
6 living donors denied
Ang
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009, 01:31:26 AM »

when you  least expect  it  you'll  find  that  a  kidney  comes  from  an  unlikely  place. :thumbup;

live  life  to  the  full  and you won't  die  wondering
lola
Elite Member

I can fly!!!

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2009, 11:30:35 AM »

I agree with Ang it will come when u least expect it, it's so hard when you hear someone has been denied. Otto is up to over 100 people tested now, at first I'd cry when someone was denied. Otto has been so lucky to have so many reach out to help, but now it's harder on them when they get denied.

mk

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2009, 09:45:44 PM »

I'm so sorry. I know how tough it is - hopes up, then down: up, then down. and then I was just numb about it. I had 10 donors tested and rejected. My husband kept telling me to be grateful for having friends and family who wanted to be tested. Try to hold on to that - you are an amazing person to have 6 people who want to donate to you. My thoughts are with you. It did finally happen for me. I had my successful transplant in february 09. It was a positive crossmatch transplant - they made us a match.
staceyand joe92

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2009, 01:12:30 AM »

Thanks so much for the encouragement.  I told myself I wasn't going to get excited about the possibility of a transplant this time that way I wouldn't be upset if it didn't work out.  Things were looking great and then it turned out it wasn't going to happen and as expected I was upset.  I am just going to look forward to my "perfect" kidney and live my life to the fullest now. I'm tired of waiting to restart my life again. I am thankful that I have friends and family that care enough to be tested. I'm not going to take the wonderful life I have now for granted anymore.

PKD
6 living donors denied
redz812

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2009, 07:51:08 AM »

It's so wonderful to have so many people willing to give a kidney. My husband who is very sick has 3 siblings, numerous extended family members and not one of them has offered. Unfortunately myself and our daughter are type B blood and he is an A.

I hope you get your correct match and all goes well for you.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »