I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 09:20:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  I did it again - time for a rant
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I did it again - time for a rant  (Read 1914 times)
bette1

My dear daughter

« on: September 17, 2009, 07:21:55 PM »

I always wake up on my non dialysis days feeling great.  I get a plan in my head of the things that I want to do and start my day.  Usually by 11 am I am utterly exhausted and I end up dragging through the rest of the day.  I end up forcing myself to finish just a portion of the things I plan. Tonight I feel awful. 
Today my plan was to get my daughter off to school, clean the kitchen, wash a load or two, go to the library, pick up stuff for dinner, and cook dinner.  I guess that was too much for me.  I even took a nap, and I still wore myself out. 

It's been three years on dialysis and I still cannot get used to being limited.  You think it would be easy for me to just sit back and watch movies all day, but it's just not me.  I miss my job, I miss being able to clean my house.  It's so frustrating.  I am so envious of people who can just get up and go about their day and not worry about how they feel. 

Diagnosed with FSGS April of 1987
First Dialysis 11/87 - CAPD
Transplant #1 10/13/94
Second round of Dialysis stated 9/06 - In Center Hemo
Transplant  #2 5/24/10
silverhead

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 07:32:58 PM »

You sound just like me, and I'm the caregiver!........

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
billybags
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 11:39:58 PM »

Silverhead, I think that must be the most frustrating thing about dialysis. not being able to DO. Not being able to DO the things you want to do, DO the things that need doing. Being a mum with bouncey kids it must be a nightmare for you and every one here who has children. I wish there was an answer, but ay dont beat your self up. DO what you can when you feel well.
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 12:50:51 AM »

Join the club , im the same , always wanting to get things done. Ive recently learned to live with it though , now i just do what really needs doing . I think the rooms in my house are round because ive never done the corners for ages !  :rofl;

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 03:05:13 AM »

I so totally empathize!!!  So many plans for what I am going to do.  Then the time comes and I only feel like drawing up in bed!

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 04:02:55 AM »

I do remember waking up so full of energy from a good night's rest and just laying there planning my day and bouncing out of bed and doing it.

Now I wake up (usually at 2:00 AM) and just lay there thinking how exhausted I feel. 

I just pick one thing (on my off days) to get done.  Like vacuum!    :waiting;

KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 04:40:47 AM »

Well ive just done my bedroom !!! :yahoo; corners n all !

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »