I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 03:29:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Allergic to needles?? :S
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Allergic to needles?? :S  (Read 5312 times)
TwistedKitten

I refuse to let the kidney disease define who I am

« on: August 28, 2009, 08:18:51 PM »

Weird question but is anybody allergic to the needles? because I think I've developed an allergy to the needles I've been using since the beginning. I've always used the angio needles, and the last like week and a half, there it's in my arm has been crazy wanna pull out my needles itchy. No, it's not what they use to clean or the bandaid or the tape, and it's only where the needle is in my arm and it kinda feels itchy underneath my skin about as long as the little plastic tube is.
Has this happened to anybody else?

Oh yeah, last treatment I used steels instead of the angio needles, and no itchieness. Very weird!

~I'm staring out into the night Trying to hide the pain~ Home by Chris Daughtry

~Life has it's ups and downs, its twists and turns. It's how we look at it and turn those things around, now that's the key thing~ Kevin Sharp

~Life isn't about the amount of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away~

~Think of each day as a special gift, and unwrap it gratefully~

~My meow is just too unorthodox for these kittens~
Pam

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 06:47:47 AM »

Hi TwistedKitten    I had the same problem and it was terrible. I told them it felt like a thousand mosquito bites!. They changed from betadine to alcohol to clean and that didn't help and they use paper tape. It still itched. I asked the Dr about being  allergic to the needles and he said no. It only itched around the venous and not the arterial. Once my button holes were established the itching stopped! So now they say maybe a nerve  was involved. I'm just thrilled the itching has gone away. I sure hope yours does too.

Pam
dwcrawford
Member for Life

Getting the heck out of town.

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 06:58:13 AM »

Oh my!  I opened this topic because I thought it was a joke -- like everybody is a "alergic to the pain of needles) but this is totally weird.  I new at needles and didn't know there was steel and angio?  I do have a burning sensation with the top needles (don't know which is which) but I press it a ltte (they yell don't touch it but I do anyway) and it give temporary relief.

But good luck with the itching issue.  That must drive you insane.

And thanks for you profile Quote.  I needed that this morning.

Come to think of it, nothing is funny anymore.

Nothing that I post here is intended for fact but rather for exploration into my personal thought processes.  Any slight, use of words with multiple connotations or other percieved insults are totally unintended.  I reserve my insults for private.
TwistedKitten

I refuse to let the kidney disease define who I am

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 01:23:03 PM »

Pam: I was supposed to have my buttonholes by now, only reason I actually agreed to getting a fistula, and it's been months, I also use alcohol to clean too, and i use steri-strips to tape, only thing that doesn't rip my skin off. but hopefully I'll get my button hole soon. though I am soo tired of waitng

dwcrawford: sometimes i get them to put some ice in a bag and put it on my arm, that seems to help a little too...though kinda cold for 3 1/2 hours. lol.  as for my Profile quote, i'm glad it helped. It's something I have to remember everyday.

~I'm staring out into the night Trying to hide the pain~ Home by Chris Daughtry

~Life has it's ups and downs, its twists and turns. It's how we look at it and turn those things around, now that's the key thing~ Kevin Sharp

~Life isn't about the amount of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away~

~Think of each day as a special gift, and unwrap it gratefully~

~My meow is just too unorthodox for these kittens~
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »