I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 08:42:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  BRITS ..need some advice pls
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BRITS ..need some advice pls  (Read 1704 times)
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« on: August 29, 2009, 12:27:31 PM »

Any suggestions welcome. Im dreading next week , the reason? I had a tunnel line put in 2 weeks ago , now ive had one set of stitches out near my throat and the nurse said 'my gawd they are in tight' and it hurt like hell to get them out. Now next week im due to have the other stitches out (where the 2 tubes comes out nr my shoulder) and the nurse did my dressing today and i told her it was very tender, and again she no wonder , your stitches are in extremely tight and something (i not sure what )was embedded in my skin. Well i dont know what she did to it but i hit the roof in pain , its still throbbing now. So now im terrified of next week when they come to take the stitches out , i know i will be in a right state and totally stressed (i have no pain threshold at all right now) Now the doctor that put my line in was a real cow , sorry but she was. I was shaking so much another nurse practically had to hold me down, she offered me no sedation and i was shaking so much she said she was going to leave the room for 5 mins and if i hadnt sorted myself out she would send me out and do the next one. She made a point in telling me how difficult i was and making her job a lot harder (because i couldnt stop shaking) and then i felt so much pain , in fact the other nurse suggested i was given more 'local' but the doctor said no, i was putting it on and didnt need it. Now this coupled with the fact of my stitches , im wondering should i report her? and who too? Also how the hell am i going to let them take these out next week ?

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
billybags
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 09:34:45 AM »

Kickstart, I'm really sorry that you have been through this, what hospital are you using? Stitches should not hurt as much as this to get out.I would also want to know what is embedded. My husband had no problem when he had his lines put in. Ask to speak to a renal nurse and explain that you don't want that particular doctor doing the other stitches and tell them why. Are you now waiting for a fistula?
Des
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 10:31:18 AM »

I want to just go there and kick her a@#!!!

Maybe you should do a EMLA preperation beforehand and numb the area a bit....... They don't even have to know.... the ....@@@@#*** doc.

Just a thought... I don't know if it will work....

hugs

Please note: I am no expert. Advise given is not medical advise but from my own experience or research. Or just a feeling...

South Africa
PKD
Jan 2010 Nephrectomy (left kidney)
Jan 2010 Fistula
Started April 2010 Hemo Dialysis(hate every second of it)
Nov 2012 Placed on disalibity (loving it)
rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 10:54:58 AM »

Go to the PALS office at your hospital (Patient Advice and Liaison Service) they are wonderful, they will advise you and they will also get involved with the staff if necessary  and make sure you are treated properly - and there are no comebacks on you, no-one is nasty because of it or anything like that. I involved them in Dad's care when we were having problems last year and they were so helpful.  AND we suddenly got much better information etc!!  Good luck  :cuddle;
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 03:33:40 AM »

Thanks Rose this is who i thought i might have to contact . :thumbup;

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »