I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:29:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  The IHD Family - Our Members
| | |-+  Jean came by last night
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jean came by last night  (Read 4881 times)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« on: August 06, 2009, 06:31:16 AM »

Of all things, I had a visitor last night at dialysis around 8 pm. Jean stopped by.  We chatted while my neighbor in the bed next to me snored loudly.  He made us both giggle.  She brought me little chocolate covered eclairs.  I ate two while I was at dialysis, and save some for this morning. They are going off to work with me.  Thank you Jean,  We had a nice time chatting.  She seems to think nocturnal may be the way she will go.  It was fun seeing her. I must have looked like the Queen of Sheba with  all of the pillows I had around me lying in bed hooked up to the machine. At least you did not catch me with my hair sticking straight up like it does at 4 a.m in the morning.

EDITED:Corrected title error all the way through the thread-kitkatz,Moderator
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 07:52:14 PM by kitkatz » Logged

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
dwcrawford
Member for Life

Getting the heck out of town.

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 07:11:05 AM »

I'm glad you had a visitor.

Now I'll post my positive for the day right here.  You misspelled "CAME BY" in the subject heading.  HAHA. :rofl; :rofl;
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 07:52:31 PM by kitkatz » Logged

Come to think of it, nothing is funny anymore.

Nothing that I post here is intended for fact but rather for exploration into my personal thought processes.  Any slight, use of words with multiple connotations or other percieved insults are totally unintended.  I reserve my insults for private.
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 11:44:35 AM »

That was so great to hear!   I wish someone from IHD would turn up during my session!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 07:52:45 PM by kitkatz » Logged

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
dwcrawford
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 11:47:31 AM »

I wish some of the people who have such bad and ignorant nurses and techs and nephs would come by during my session.  We could send out for Pizza.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 07:53:03 PM by kitkatz » Logged

Nothing that I post here is intended for fact but rather for exploration into my personal thought processes.  Any slight, use of words with multiple connotations or other percieved insults are totally unintended.  I reserve my insults for private.
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 11:48:52 AM »

Now I'll post my positive for the day right here.  You misspelled "CAME BY" in the subject heading.  HAHA. :rofl; :rofl;

We usually ask members to fix spelling errors (in the subject line only) by sending them a PM - but thanks anyway DAN.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 07:53:19 PM by kitkatz » Logged

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
dwcrawford
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 11:52:07 AM »

But it is so much fun when  Kit does it.  I really need to find an Okarol one too.  Note if you haven't that some of us bad spellers have almost quit posting.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 07:53:35 PM by kitkatz » Logged

Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 11:57:45 AM »

I wish I could drop by to see her more often, but i nearly had to get on my knees and beg to get in the first time. The tech and nurses there seem very attentive to the " customers". One nurse showed me out and then stood there and chatted up the center for a long time. I feel so much better about the whole thing now, after having seen it. Thanks so much Kit for allowing me to come in. You looked great to me. maybe i can sneak in again sometime.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 07:53:53 PM by kitkatz » Logged

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2009, 12:00:08 PM »

Nope Dan, hadn't noticed. There are very few misspellings and we only ask people to correct them in the subject line so new people who come to IHD won't be distracted by it. Take pride in your posts. Anyway, I misspell stuff too and people let me know - I don't mind - so if you find something - I appreciate the heads up.

Back to the topic here - I think it's a great idea for someone new to dialysis to visit units to see the options available - nocturnal or daytime hemo. I had no idea what to expect when Jenna started - it was all very shocking and overwhelming. And I am glad you got to meet each other Kitkatz and Jean - it's wonderful when IHD members get together!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 07:54:26 PM by kitkatz » Logged

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2009, 02:05:51 PM »

:2thumbsup;

I think being able to visit is a great idea.  That's one scary room to go into the first time without a bit of forewarning!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 07:54:46 PM by kitkatz » Logged

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

paris
Member for Life

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2009, 03:09:50 PM »

How much fun!   :2thumbsup;   Jean, I am sure you felt like Kitkatz was a long time friend by the time you left.   Did anyone take any pictures?   I love IHD people!!   :grouphug;
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 07:55:03 PM by kitkatz » Logged

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2009, 06:02:23 PM »

Sorry, no pictures. I had a senior moment and forgot the camera. Dont think Kit would have appreciated it any ways ( or the nurses) No, she did not look like she was going to church, but she looked good to me. Sparkle in the eyes, ya know?

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2009, 06:03:53 PM »

How lucky for you two to be able to meet like that!

I'm so jealous. (In a good way!)  :clap;
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 07:55:19 PM by kitkatz » Logged

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2009, 07:59:34 PM »

Dan, this is for you for the hard time about my spelling!  :Kit n Stik; :sir ken; :Kit n Stik; :sir ken;  Hahahahha!  You must have forgotten I have a stick and know how to use it! I have an excuse it was six in the morning and I had a few hours of sleep at dialysis and then up again.

It was nice to see Jean, but no pics.  I look like hell at dialysis. My headphones mess up my hair and I wear the grundgiest things I own to the center.

Jean!
But it was nice to see you. See if you can sneak in again. Next time we get you a chair and have you really stay. You can listen to my snoring neighbor again! LOL!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »