I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 06:25:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Other Severe Medical Conditions
| | |-+  Marvin's brother has cancer
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Marvin's brother has cancer  (Read 40954 times)
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #200 on: September 18, 2009, 02:59:52 PM »

:cuddle; Thinking of you and Marvin.  :cuddle;

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
petey

MEMBER BANNED

« Reply #201 on: September 18, 2009, 07:27:29 PM »

It's been a very, very long week.  Walt's wife had his body cremated, and she decided to put the funeral off until tomorrow (eight days after his death).  Don't ask me why.  She said she needed time to get everything together.  What she didn't take into consideration is that it was a long week for the family and for her especially.  I think she's still in denial that he's gone (as she never really accepted that his death was imminent  even after Hospice came in, even after he was totally bed-ridden, even after he was suffering so).

Marvin has been very, very strong for his two other brothers, his sister, and all the nieces and nephews.  At home late at night when it's just the two of us, he struggles with it.  Losing two brothers within eight months of each other -- both from pancreatic cancer -- has been tough.  He has been trying to help Walt's wife all week -- making arrangements, handling financial and household affairs, being there and being strong for her ... he really has not grieved himself.  I think that will come tomorrow.

Please remember Marvin tomorrow (Sat.). 
rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #202 on: September 18, 2009, 11:14:52 PM »

Sending my love to you and Marvin, I wish I could be there to give you both a big hug. Life is so damn unfair. Love you both  :grouphug; Rose xxx
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #203 on: September 19, 2009, 04:36:09 AM »

:cuddle; Marsha, my heart just breaks for Marvin. Special thoughts and prayers for the whole family today and an extra  :pray; for Marvin.  :cuddle;

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
lola
Elite Member

I can fly!!!

« Reply #204 on: September 19, 2009, 06:58:51 AM »

Just wanted you to know I'm sending LOTS of LOVE, HUGS and PRAYERS to you guys. xoxoxo :grouphug;

dwcrawford
Member for Life

Getting the heck out of town.

« Reply #205 on: September 19, 2009, 07:07:36 AM »

Thanks for takiing the time to tell you how you  are doing.  I'll think about you and  Marvin during the day today.  I've been missing you online and am looking forward to your getting back and you and Marvin feeling a little better.   :cuddle;

Come to think of it, nothing is funny anymore.

Nothing that I post here is intended for fact but rather for exploration into my personal thought processes.  Any slight, use of words with multiple connotations or other percieved insults are totally unintended.  I reserve my insults for private.
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #206 on: September 19, 2009, 07:53:15 AM »

:grouphug; :grouphug; :grouphug; Petey.

When my mom died, my dad was also in denial that she would not get better, even though she could not even get out of bed for the month before her death. I feel for your SIL, and for you and Marvin.

I know you all are strong, but death takes its toll on the living.  :cuddle;

Thinking of you.

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #207 on: September 19, 2009, 06:19:52 PM »

:cuddle;  Thinking of you

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
pelagia
Elite Member

« Reply #208 on: September 19, 2009, 06:49:50 PM »

Petey, I'm sorry to hear the sad news.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and Marvin and your family.   :grouphug;

As for me, I'll borrow this thought: "Having never experienced kidney disease, I had no idea how crucial kidney function is to the rest of the body." - KD
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »