I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 02:17:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis
| | |-+  Beep Beep, reload the blinking set - AGAIN!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beep Beep, reload the blinking set - AGAIN!  (Read 2488 times)
Hanify
Elite Member

Hadija, Athol, Me and Molly at Havelock North 09

« on: June 22, 2009, 12:58:18 AM »

I've been doing PD with the Baxters homecare for over a year with no problems.  However, just recently we seem to get 'reload the set' all the time.  We don't reload the set - we just give it a wriggle and get it to go through it's motions again.  It's usually then OK, but sometimes will do it a second time before it's OK.  Anyone else struck this?  I wondered whether the sets themselves might be a tiny bit faulty.  Have had no problems overnight ever though.  Hmmm.

Diagnosed Nov 2007 with Multiple Myeloma.
By Jan 2008 was in end stage renal failure and on haemodialysis.
Changed to CAPD in April 2008.  Now on PD with a cycler.  Working very part time - teaching music.  Love it.  Husband is Paul (we're both 46), daughter Molly is 13.
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 03:39:41 AM »

Up to now ive only had one faulty set , which didnt actually register as that , it kept telling me 'heater line', so when i rang Baxters they said it was most likely the set , put a new one in and fine! However i have gone through 2 machines in 3 weeks , the first one the thermostat on the heat pad went!! Why dont you either ask for a new machine or a new batch of sets?

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
Savemeimdtba

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 12:23:29 PM »

Can you try a set from a different box?  That should determine if it's the sets.. otherwise, I'd say call the company and tell them what it's doing. 

-Kristi-
12/2008 - Began Hemodialysis
03/2009 - Began P.D.

"You gotta swim, swim for your life, swim for the music that saves you when you're not so sure you'll survive"
BigSteve

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 01:08:24 PM »

I don't know how fast Baxter is south of the Equator, but when I was having a problem they said
they could get me a new machine the next day if the problem didn't solve itself. Which it did.

"I yam what I yam what I yam." Popeye's immortal words.
"Getting and spending we lay waste our powers"
If it's too big to fail, it's too big to exist.
george40

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 03:36:44 PM »

From experience, call tech support so the complaints are recorded. It makes it easier to request a new machine, because they will see a history of problems. But, it sounds it could be some faulty 'sets'.

8/2000 - Diagnosed ESRD / Hemo begins with perm cath
1/2002 - Transplant No. 1
4/2006 - Transplant failed due to CMV virus/ Back to Hemo
11/2008 - Moved to PD Modality
9/2012 - Transplanted!
Hanify
Elite Member

Hadija, Athol, Me and Molly at Havelock North 09

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 03:49:37 PM »

Thanks for all the advice.  I don't think it's the machine, cos it was fine up till recently.  Am on a new box of sets tonight so will see if that helps.  Yes, Baxters are really quick down here too - have had a machine replaced in a day once before cos it was too noisy.  No questions asked.  Amazing service.  Thanks again everyone.

Diagnosed Nov 2007 with Multiple Myeloma.
By Jan 2008 was in end stage renal failure and on haemodialysis.
Changed to CAPD in April 2008.  Now on PD with a cycler.  Working very part time - teaching music.  Love it.  Husband is Paul (we're both 46), daughter Molly is 13.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »