I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2024, 08:17:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  SCORE!!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SCORE!!!  (Read 4864 times)
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« on: July 20, 2009, 07:56:36 PM »

I received a "SURVEY" in the mail asking about my Staff and Doctor!
                           :rofl;

This has GOT to be a mistake!  Oh, they are so DEAD! 

As a person undergoing dialysis, you deserve to get the highest quality dialysis care when you need it, from facilities you trust.  Because XXX Renal, Inc. is committed to improving overall care for patients who receive dialysis in their facilities, we are conducting a survey to learn more about the care you receive.

1.  How often did your kidney doctors listen carefully to you?
      Never, Sometimes, Usually, Always
            hmmmm let me think!  NEVER   >:D

2.  In the last 3 months, how often did your kidney doctors explain things in a way that was easy to
     understand?
       Never, Sometimes, Usually, Always  (Well, I'm not stupid)  How many times did I have to explain things to him?  That would be a better question~~~

3.  In the last 3 months, how often did your kidney doctors show respect for what you had to say?
     Never, Sometimes, Usually, Always   I should call my doctor just one more time to see where we are with single needle dialysis??  Just one more time before I answer.... NEVER!

4.  In the last 3 months, how often did your kidney doctors spend enough time with you?
     N, S, U, A         That would be Sometimes depending on his mood.

This next one still has me laughing    :rofl;

5.  In the last 3 months, how often did you feel your kidney doctors really cared about you as a person.
     N, S, U, A  (Oh, Please)

Then it asks the same questions about staff except this one...

1.  In the last 3 months, how often did dialysis center staff make you as comfortable as possible
     during dialysis?
     Never, S, U A

One flaw in this survey is I need one for each doctor and each member of the staff.  To lump them all together is too vague.

In the last three months, did any problems occur during your dialysis?  Y or N
There is not place for comment!  Maybe I'll just add a continuation page!

There are 58 questions in all!    >:D

okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 08:36:18 PM »

58 questions?? You should get paid for responding!

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 09:23:01 PM »

Oh, noooo, this is my pleasure.  I'll try to wipe the steak sauce off of it before I send it back.

I did send an email to my Nephrologist telling him I got a survey and 8 questions were about him and I needed to know where we were with that single needle module....   >:D

Oh, this is worth living for!  I just need a separate one for Dumb and Dumber.

breezysummerday

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 09:33:23 PM »

Oh, noooo, this is my pleasure.  I'll try to wipe the steak sauce off of it before I send it back.....

Oh shit, Rerun, you bust my guts!

caregiver to Ray
renal failure 6/08
listed 7/09
~thank you epoman~
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 10:51:25 PM »

Man, I haven't gotten that one yet.  All I keep getting is the stupid "How well are you coping?" survey, and my results always indicate that I'm about to have a total nervous breakdown.  Where is the survey from?  And what, exactly, do they plan to do with the results?

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 11:03:53 PM »

Rerun, those fools had no idea what they were getting in to did they?

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 01:43:56 AM »

Oh, noooo, this is my pleasure.  I'll try to wipe the steak sauce off of it before I send it back.

I did send an email to my Nephrologist telling him I got a survey and 8 questions were about him and I needed to know where we were with that single needle module....   >:D

:clap; oh to be a fly on the wall when they read your replies  :rofl; you go girl, tell it like it is!!
peleroja
Elite Member

I have 16 hats, all the same style!

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 08:23:14 AM »

I like you, Rerun, you're my kind of person.  I received a similar survey about my last stay in the hospital (the one that should never have happened due to the negligence of Kaiser personnel).  Under "additional comments," I wrote "see attached," and then wrote chapter and verse about the negligence that occurred.  Now I have a survey about the home health care I "received," and they're going to get additional comments about why the RN was so reluctant to do the things I needed to stay alive.  You just can't get good help these days!
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 09:56:45 AM »

I once got a questionnaire like that. I wiped the floor with the center. At the time there were changes going on and staff was 1 to 6 ratio. I let them have it. I answered each question separately on another piece of paper. When I turned it in I told them I wrote  a book.  I never got another one!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Wenchie58
Elite Member

Always carrying the big silly grin!

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 02:55:52 PM »

I SO love it when someone actually gives me the opportunity to cut loose with my opinions.  Rerun...you'll handle this with your typical style, rapier wit and even sharper tongue.  You're my hero!!

Go get em Girl!

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning Satan shudders and says "Oh s**t, she's awake!"

Right nephrectomy 1963
Diagnosed ESRD 2007
"Listed" summer 2007
Transplant 3/6 match  10/24/08
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 10:39:38 PM »

Surveys like that for medical I always type up a letter with the questions and answers and staple it to the original survey on top so they will see my page first. That way I can explain more in a bigger, bolder, and different color font so it stands out and easy to read.

Love it when they ask "Would you like to share your name or Would you like to be contacted?

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2009, 12:12:02 PM »

we got out annual survey monday night. i just laughed at the sw. my center knows exactly how i feel. another survey is just a waste of time and paper. nothing will change even if i do fill it out.  it took 7 months to get a burned out light in the parking lot fixed and i complained loudly for all 7 months. it's my understanding that the center director even questioned if it was their responsibility to get it fixed. i'm going to my corner now and may neve come out.

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2009, 12:24:40 PM »

it took 7 months to get a burned out light in the parking lot fixed and i complained loudly for all 7 months. it's my understanding that the center director even questioned if it was their responsibility to get it fixed.
I had a similar situation at a job I had in high school. I worked for a grocery store chain and the entire parking lot lights were out. It was going on for over a month and then when I had to get carts into the store from the lot, I was a hit and run victim. Went to the ER and had a sprained arm and leg. Went back to work and the manager said it's not their problem and it was my fault for wearing a dark winter coat. WTH, the company owns the property and they should have taken precautions for it's workers such as a saftey vest or something. Police we're called in to look for tire marks and any witnesses. Not until the police came and began investigating did the lights get fixed (company was cheap) I quit that night when I came back to work and the manager told me it was my fault. The best part is that I found out later he got fired when I went to work for their competitor. :rofl;

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012