I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 02:31:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Bedpans! How I dread to see a nurse with one!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bedpans! How I dread to see a nurse with one!  (Read 4972 times)
LifeOnHold

« on: August 28, 2005, 03:58:23 AM »

I don't think there's anything I HATE as much as seeing a nurse walking down the unit with a bedpan in her hand... or seeing the white screens being rolled around someone's chair.

Dealing with escaping gas from neighboring patients and nurses is bad enough, but when someone is actually excreting a mere five feet from my snack, it's enough to make me want to yank my needles out myself and get the hell out of there! (Not to mention tossing the now-polluted snack in the garbage... thanks, Mr. Smith... for the THIRD TIME this week!)

As if the noises and bright lights in the unit weren't a big enough assault, the added offensive odors bring a whole new dimension of misery to dialysis.  What's worse is when you have 'repeat offenders'-- people who for some reason get a big kick out of making the nurses clean them up and will deliberately overeat right before dialysis to ensure that they will need the bedpan.  I'm all for dumping liquid Immodium into their cups of water.  Of all of the things that irritate me about dialysis, having to smell someone's bowel movement tops the list.

Still Kicking Deaths Ass
O in

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2005, 09:21:34 PM »

for the life of me i cannot understand why that is done it would NEVER
O in

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2005, 09:23:51 PM »

for the life of me i cannot understand why that is done it would NEVER EVER be considered in a NZ hemo unit

u want 2 crap u get taken off and go to the toilet

u yanks surely are a strange lot

oin
LifeOnHold

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2005, 11:00:18 PM »

The reason the nurses give is that the person is either bedridden, or their pressure is too low to let them walk to the toilet.  I once needed the bathroom and they pulled that 'we don't like your blood-pressure' baloney, and I held it until the end of the treatment.  No way was I using that bedpan in a room with 12 other patients plus six nurses!

Still Kicking Deaths Ass
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2005, 12:34:46 AM »

for the life of me i cannot understand why that is done it would NEVER EVER be considered in a NZ hemo unit

u want 2 crap u get taken off and go to the toilet

u yanks surely are a strange lot

oin

F.Y.I. you can edit your post if you need to correct a post or in this case (relating to your double post) add to it. Just click the "Modify" button. If you are not allowed to modify please let me know and I will fix your "permissions".

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
CAPD

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2005, 11:12:29 AM »

And you do nice ones, do you?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 04:33:45 PM by CAPD » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »