I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 08:22:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  I like Tuesdays
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I like Tuesdays  (Read 2639 times)
Phraxis

« on: June 09, 2009, 09:16:18 PM »

So last week I hung out with my sister (yes the one giving me a kidney) and an old friend from high school (a freakin saint -- no exageration interventional radiologist etc) and ended up exhausted. Don't want to sound like a VIP member of the a pity party ( I may trademark that phrase) cuz I am standin in the sunshine admiring the flowers!

I read some threads about horse people -- now that I respect. I am terrified of them creatures. Not that I run into them every day, but if you asked me to ride one I would be reluctant. I rode one once. A smaller horse that was old and smart. She took people out to the far field stopped and when they got off, she ran for the barn. It was a bit of a struggle but I did ride her back to the farm. Once.

I like to cook.

I have a garden.

I have new friends. We hang out Monday, Wednesday and Friday. We have wild Fridays. I figure we should party soon but i am looking into how we can do it. I am leaning towards gelato. Any suggestions?

If you notice, I am a bit optimistic on most things. This dialysis for sure. Not lets not kid ourselves. It kicks the crap out of a person -- btw anyone doing home dialysis, is it better? -- and I dont think I would recommend it. Anyone get the "what is you diet, I want to do that?" stupid remark?

Anyone from South Africa?

Anyone been to Machu Picchu?

Safe journey.

Guy
Stoday
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 09:30:31 PM »

In the good ole days before I got ESRD, it took a couple of bottles of wine before I became "exhausted".

Nowadays one large glass does it.  :'(

Diagnosed stage 3 CKD May 2003
AV fistula placed June 2009
Started hemo July 2010
Heart Attacks June 2005; October 2010; July 2011
Phraxis

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 10:00:46 PM »

bottles OMG!
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 03:58:41 PM »

Ummm so you like Tuesdays? I missed why.

I have a friend in New London, SA - never been there but hope to someday.
Another member on here is from SA - draven - have you read his posts?

Horses scare me too. I rode occasionally as a kid. Took Jenna on a trail ride when she was 6 years old - double on a horse - no saddle, just a pad. A barking dog jumped from the bushes and scared the horse, who spun around - I was thrown off. It was a miracle I wasn't hurt - just missed landing on a huge boulder. Jenna hung on - good riding skills! Since then I have ridden only once - too scary!

What kind of gardening? Flowers or vegetables or landscaping?

Can't help you with the partying, but I am sure "where there's a will, there's a way!"

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Sunny
Elite Member

Sunny

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 04:17:42 PM »

Tuesdays are 1/2 off meals at a local favorite restaurant, so that makes Tuesdays worth liking.
Yes, I have been to Machu Picchu (last summer) and I was so grateful to be there. I like horses but would never want to own one.

Sunny, 49 year old female
 pre-dialysis with GoodPastures
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 04:25:33 PM »

My mother told me once that of all the days of the week, it is most like to rain on Tuesday.  I went to school with that unscientific piece of knowledge, expecting it to be laughed out of the court.  But the PE teacher said she never thought of it before, but it is true that many times she had to reschedule Tuesday tennis because of rain.
Then at the cruiseship dock where I work as an Tourist Information Officer, a young guy from the company that brings in the cruises said one Tuesday morning "You know it rains mostly on Tuesdays".  I could not  believe my mom's belief was being validated.  Since then we have had a few rainy Tuesdays (not exactly what tourists are looking for when they come to the Caribbean)

Sorry to rain on your Tuesday parade!

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 06:46:31 PM »

I like Tuesdays, in the winter it is my bowling night.
Phraxis

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 10:12:15 PM »

I like Tuesday's cuz the other days, Monday, Wednesday and Friday are dialysis days. I like Saturdays and Sundays but that was too obvious. And Thursday, well there is just no getting around it, Thursday is the worse day of the week.
G-Ma
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 12:59:39 PM »

Me too and I really don't have a clue as to why.   ???

Lost vision due to retinopathy 12/2005, 30 Laser Surg 2006
ESRD diagnosed 12/2006
03/2007 Fantastic Eye Surgeon in ND got my sight back and implanted lenses in both eyes, great distance & low reading.
Gortex 4/07.  Started dialysis in ND 5/4/2007
Gortex clotted off Thanksgiving Week of 2007, was unclotted and promptly clotted off 1/2 hour later so Permacath Rt chest.
3/2008 move to NC to be close to children.
2 Step fistula, 05/08-elevated 06/08, using mid August.
Aug 5, 08, trained NxStage and Home on 9/3/2008.
Fistulagram 09/2008. In hospital 10/30/08, Bowel Obstruction.
Back to RAI-Latrobe In Center. No home hemo at this time.
GOD IS GOOD
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 03:56:20 PM »

I like Tuesdays because it is NOT a D day! Plus I can sleep that night for eight hours.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »