I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 02:19:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  You would never believe me..
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: You would never believe me..  (Read 2854 times)
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« on: June 10, 2009, 04:26:29 AM »

I told you all yesterday how my friend of over 30 yrs gave me the elbow via txt .. Who was it said .'.as one door closes , another one opens '. Sat having a cup of tea this morning and the phone rings .. my mum!! Anyway cut along story short we have made our peace , no point in dwelling on things from the past , i want to move forward. Strange though isnt it !!!!!

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
hurlock1

THIS MEMBER IS BANNED FROM IHD

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 04:53:11 AM »

Kickstart, As one door closes, another opens. Is something people say when they're be philosophical. One way or the other, You can't make people love or even like you when they are getting older too. You need to make new friends. and not call or text or email the others. If they ARE your friends, they'll get in touch with you. If they aren't, they will get in touch just out of curiosity. Tex ting anything important is dumb anyway. It's just a fancy way for cellphone companies to get money. Up until just a very few years ago the phone was something that sat on a phone stand in the hall and you had the either answer or not, and you had to dial the numbers on a rotary dial. AND, having friends is important, but it's not all what it's pumped up to be. I got on facebook and a friend from highs chool got in touch with me. It's like we have been talking everyday for all those years. She's married, I'm married, we just were friends and are friends. There are all kinds of ways to have friends. If you are getting your feelings hurt by your "Friends" it's your decision. I know, "But he. . .But she. . ." If you're angry or hurt by something somebody said either you're too thin skinned or you are taking whatever somebody else too seriously. Either way you are suffering too much. STOP SUFFERING!
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 05:00:05 AM »

I'm glad your Mum called, but be very careful.  You are vulnerable right now.  Take it slow.

:cuddle;

paris
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 07:28:32 AM »

Kickstart,  I am glad you Mum called.  My sister and I had a small falling out a few years ago. Neither of us knew why, but I kept the door open and one day she realized I loved her and missed her and we put so  many things behind us.   We "talk" by email everyday and have a great relationship now.  She calls frequently, but understands I am not a huge phone person.  Anyway, the point is, there is always hope for the future.    I LOVE new technology!  I love texting and emails!     Life has certainly been interesting for you lately. So many things happening and good things!   Keep us posted.  I love reading your posts   :grouphug;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
cherpep

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 07:46:34 AM »

That's wonderful news - but don't expect too much.  Just be willing to accept who she is, and figure out how that fits into your life.  I sincerely wish you the best of luck in builiding on that precious relationship. 
rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 07:59:58 AM »

I think that's great news, as everyone else has said - take it steady - but you're sensible enough to have thought that through for yourself.  Good luck  :cuddle;
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 08:05:49 AM »

What did I say about the Karma bus????  :yahoo;

Great stuff KS.. this sounds positive which is just what you need in your life!!! Sensational stuff!! I hope this new phase continues to be positive for you and this is the sort of relationship you can work on mending rather than that other destructive one.

:cuddle;

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 08:23:13 AM »

Thanks guys ,we chatted for an hour on the phone , caught up on news etc , but sort of left it ,' well feel free to ring ', but didnt make any definate time. I dont want to get back into the old ways. I said i had a lot on at the moment with hospital etc but as soon as i got chance i would pop down for a cuppa ! I just want to keep it casual rather than planned and when im up to it , if we go for lunch it will sort of be a spare of the moment thing rather than a planned/expected of me thing. Im sure i will figure it out , but at least its a start !
Ps  It doesnt mean im going to stop posting/moaning/dishing out opinions though  :rofl
All i need now is to get back fit enough to ride again and ive cracked it !!  :yahoo; and im thinking of changing my user name to' Popeye' the amount of iron im going to need to do that !! (spinach/iron)

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »