I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 12:18:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Has anybody else just about had it with Kidney Failure? (OK Dumb Question)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Has anybody else just about had it with Kidney Failure? (OK Dumb Question)  (Read 4115 times)
zekewolfy

« on: December 08, 2007, 11:00:37 PM »

Sorry folks just venting, This damned disease is a freaking curse. I can barely stand myself, nevermind what its doing to my poor wife. Brother I just want this misery to end.

Peace and Love,

Zeke
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 11:20:08 PM »

You are definetly not alone there Zekewolfy, i curse it on a daily basis,  >:( but yet, then again, i also praise it cuz i just think of the alternative,  :angel;  i know that there is nothing i can do about it so i just live each day the best that i can and come here to remember i am not alone (which is the best thing for me at the moment)   :grouphug;  I love IHD  :bow;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 02:11:10 AM »

Yep, sure does change your outlook. My hope is a transplant, if only to escape this disease for a while.

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 05:19:55 AM »

You not only curse the condition, but the conditions that come BECAUSE of the failure as well. Machines not working right. Complications because of dialysis. Loss of favorite foods. The rants could go on. BUT. As Nina says, you hafta take each day and be grateful you ARE alive, and stronger because of it. The friends you have are your true friends. There are some subtle blessings to be found.  They just have to be searched for.
bolta72

my best friend

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 05:44:35 AM »

It is tough but we must march on.

gotta do what I gotta do.. 2 yrs in ctr hemo
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 09:12:02 AM »

every day above ground is a good day, if it is a machine that keeps me there, then so be it. as said before my daughter thinks i ignore the big gorilla in the corner of the room. however, as long as he cleans up his own mess, he has just as much right to be there as i do. the serenity prayer has as much to do with dialysis as it does with alcohol.   "God grant me the serenity
                                                                                to accept the things I cannot change;
                                                                                courage to change the things I can;
                                                                                 and WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE............".

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
KT0930
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2007, 01:37:44 PM »

One of the blessings I've found is the ability to sympathize with other caregivers (I'm the patient). I went to a neighborhood party yesterday and met a woman whose husband has a plaque on his brain and has been affected psychologically and physically and has now lived three months longer than the doctors said he would. I knew what kinds of questions to ask her to get her to really open up and I knew to make sure she's taking care of herself. I learned all kinds of stuff about her, her life, and her grown kids. Yeah, kidney disease sucks, but if you look (REALLY hard), you can find the silver lining.

"Dialysis ain't for sissies" ~My wonderful husband
~~~~~~~
I received a 6 out of 6 antigen match transplant on January 9, 2008. Third transplant, first time on The List.
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2007, 01:57:48 PM »

Hi Zeke, I kind of feel like you do right now. Can I please just wake up and feel good again?  This is a joke, right?  I do hate complaining because there are people with such worse problems, but this is my problem and I hate it.  So, you aren't alone. :cuddle; Some days it is harder to deal with this than others.     On a different note, I am always drawn to your posts because of your name.  I think I posted once before that my grandson is also Zeke (Ezekiel) and I absolutely love the name.  Ezekiel means "God strengthens" and he was born right after 9/11, so him Mommy wanted him to have a name that gave hope to all around him.   And he does!   My Zeke gives me stength and makes me see life through a childs eyes and that is always a good thing.       Come here to talk. We all understand what you are going through and how you feel. And we care. :grouphug;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Chicken Little

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2007, 02:03:38 PM »

Yep.  It stinks.  :cuddle;

Like the Type 1 Diabetes I've had for 25 years though, I'm extremely thankful that the medical challenges I face have treatments that allow me to wake up every morning.     
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2007, 06:34:03 PM »

Next time you feel bad.....Go to WalMart!  Good Lord where do they get those people!   I actually felt pretty good about myself after I went there today.  I buy yarn there....that is all just yarn. 

angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2007, 09:15:40 PM »

I used to feel like you, but I realize I am lucky for my supportive family, doctors and the fact that I have been given the opportunity twice now to live on a transplant and feel normal for awhile. So when my time comes again for dialysis, I am sure at first i'll feel down again, but my spirit will rise again with just the hope of a transplant or if that isn't possible just the love that surrounds me.

Rerun, I won't take no offense to that, as alot of stupid people work there, but then again, alot of stupid people work everywhere. However, my dad and one of my brother's work there and they are far far from stupid.  ;)

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2007, 12:00:54 AM »

I think it is totally normal to go through these sorts of feelings. Some days I just think why bloody bother??? Other days I am motivated thinking about some indefinable future where I get a transplant that gives me some time - hopefully years - away from the machine and the diets and the FLUID RESTRICTION (argh!) and all that. Of course it's not a cure, but a successful transplant can bring us back a much more normal way of living and that is the goal for me for now. I think about how I might hopefully be able to travel around the world again.. see much missed friends.. and have the energy to enjoy it all! Oh and in between those times I have my cat who keeps me sane and reminds me sometimes the simple pleasures in life are the best :)

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2007, 07:15:55 AM »

Zeke, we hear and we understand!  I've had days when the "Why am I doing this?" gremlins creep in and take over my thoughts, too.  I find it helpful to nuke 'em in the microwave. . .

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

fluffy

Fluff!

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2007, 12:49:12 AM »

i havent been able to shake the "why bother" feeling for the past 6 months. and nothing seems to help
Ang
Elite Member

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2007, 12:57:58 AM »

i  only  ever  had  the  why  me  episode  once  for  5  minutes  about  a  decade  ago,  now  my  sole  purpose  is  to  get  a  transplant,be  a  good  dad and  wife and  screw  the  rest.
yes  i  have  my  good  and  bad  days  like  all of  us,  then  i  think  about  the  bigger  picture  and   get  back  on  track  with  little  fuss.

live  life  to  the  full  and you won't  die  wondering
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »