I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2024, 09:35:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  I had to share this one....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I had to share this one....  (Read 1552 times)
Brightsky69

« on: May 16, 2009, 03:45:15 PM »

The other day I took my mom to a doctors appt. She is in her 60's and won't drive. She is something else  ::)  I have never been to her doctors office before. She gets in the car and says "I know exactly where the office is but I brought a map just in case YOU weren't sure."  OK??? :sarcasm;
Her doc is sending her to see a doc to check out her kidney. She gave me one of hers over 17 years ago. Anyway....she says to me "Back then the doctor told me that I would be in pain for the rest of my life after I donated that kidney."   I just laughed. She is a drama queen.

Transplant June 11, 1991 (1st time) my mom's kidney
Received my 2nd kidney transplant Oct. 19th 2010.
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 03:54:18 PM »

This made me laugh!   My Mom was a drama queen too.  I thought we should have put "see, I told you I was sick" on her tombstone!  Loved her, but no one could be in more pain than her.   It is good you have a sense of humor   :rofl;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Hanify
Elite Member

Hadija, Athol, Me and Molly at Havelock North 09

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 06:59:00 PM »

My mother is the opposite!  You can't get her to a doc when she needs to.  Just turned 79, and won't go about her really sore foot.  She says of course she must have arthritis and what could they do about it at her age anyway.  Limps around, but won't deal with it ha ha.  Love her to bits though.

Diagnosed Nov 2007 with Multiple Myeloma.
By Jan 2008 was in end stage renal failure and on haemodialysis.
Changed to CAPD in April 2008.  Now on PD with a cycler.  Working very part time - teaching music.  Love it.  Husband is Paul (we're both 46), daughter Molly is 13.
MandaMe1986
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 02:18:30 PM »

Haha my mom is just like that!  I guess if you don't know what it islike it isn't so funny. But I am with you sometimes you just have to laugh it off.  ;)

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theres is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the land.
Blessed are they whohunger and thirst for righteousness, for theywill be satisfied.
Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the clean of heart, for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

Matthew 5:3-9
Brightsky69

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 06:26:45 PM »

Yup my mom is funny!! :rofl; The other day I was over at her house and keep in mind I will be 40 years only next week.
She says to me "Do you remember that ring I let you wear one time?" I don't remember asking to borrow any ring of hers. So I asked her "What ring? And she said "Oh it was a sliver ring with my name engraved on it." I am like...I have no idea what your talking about. So I asked her...When did I borrow this ring? She goes "Oh gosh I guess you were about 7 or 8 years old when you asked me if you could wear it. And I told you not to lose it.
I said MOM that was 33 years ago! All she said was "Oh yeah...well I guess that ring is gone."
That's my mom.  :rofl; :rofl;

Transplant June 11, 1991 (1st time) my mom's kidney
Received my 2nd kidney transplant Oct. 19th 2010.
MandaMe1986
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 08:34:48 AM »

:rofl; :clap;

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theres is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the land.
Blessed are they whohunger and thirst for righteousness, for theywill be satisfied.
Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the clean of heart, for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

Matthew 5:3-9
Mizar

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2009, 04:40:43 PM »

Yeah, I'm a Mother. Yeah, I'm Old. Yeah I am Goofy Sometimes, but in Defense of Mothers Everywhere, or maybe it's a " The Apple does not fall far from the Tree " Story, here's Mine. I went on a Road Trip from Tennessee to Virginia to see my Daughter. She called Me on my Cell and said, " Where are You, what Town are You Passing?" I told Her and then Two Hours later She called Me again. Same Question. Two Hours later, a Third Call, same Question, I thought She was worried about Me as I was Traveling alone and asked Her that and she said, " Oh No. I just need to know where You are, so I know when to start Cleaning the House!"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »