I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 08:22:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  It seems it pays to be a criminal !
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: It seems it pays to be a criminal !  (Read 1811 times)
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« on: May 02, 2009, 02:08:11 PM »

Whats wrong with our police ?  :ukflag; I certainly dont have much faith in them any more ! Last weekend my car got trashed , all my windows smashed on both sides. I dont have a posh car with any fancy gadgets in it (they only had to look in to see that) but they still smashed all my windows. I rang the police who at least came out i suppose , but said pretty much there was nothing they could do , which is what i expected anyway. Like a lot of you out there im totally reliant on my car , its my lifeline to the outside world. I do have insurance but ..because it was my side windows and not my windscreen i had to pay for replacements which cost me £238, money i didnt have spare. Tonight a gang started to gather on the green outside and i watched 3 hoodies have a good look in my car so i rang the police and explained what had happened last week , so could they send a patrol car round .. Yes no problem , we will send one round the police said. Half hour later still no police and hoodies had then decided to move on. So now im going to be worried stupid all night if they are going to come back and smash my car up again. I  have no where else to park it and cant afford to get it repaired again. Is it any wonder these yobs do this sort of thing when they know the police are not going to be bothered.

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 02:15:13 PM »

how much did it cost and what is to stop them from doing it again -
I am so sorry and I would worry all night also

502Blues

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 06:20:03 PM »

THE POLICE ARE USELESS

1991: kidney failure, undetermined cause
1991: right and left clavicle temporary catheters
1991: catheter for PD
1992:transplant
1998: June, Fistula placement
1998: july, back to dialysis,Hemo
1999: transplanted kidney removed
2001: parathyroidism
2006:march, fstula cant be fixed due to too many stents in damaged vessels caused by temp caths
2006: april, Pd catheter placement
 PD would not drain properly
2006: finally after much pain and misery, AV Graft placed in abdomen, its working fine thank god
Quit dialysis sometime in 2009, had a change of heart and  returned before I died
transferred waiting list time to another city/state and was transplanted almost right away August 9,2013
rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 11:19:26 PM »

That's awful but sadly typical of the was things are. 

Do you have SmartWater in your area?  We have and it's quite a good deterrant - have a look here http://www.smartwater.co.uk/Personal.aspx.  I know Greater Manchester Police were the first to use it, you can buy it anyway but if your Police or Local Authority run a scheme it may be free to victims, or at least half price.  In reality it can't stop things being vandalised or stolen but it marks them so they can be returned, now I know your car wasn't stolen but if you put a couple of the stickers on the windows it will deter them because they are generally so thick that they think if they touch something that is SmartWatered then it will get on them and they can be traced.  If you can get hold of some then you can mark and radio etc in the car plus anything in your home, garden etc - they  say it can go on anything except fish  :rofl;  You could ask ask the Police to publicise that they have a decoy car fitted with a Smartwater spray system in the area - when anyone vandlaises it they get sprayed with the stuff - that can be enough to scare them off without the Police actually having such a vehicle!  Go talk to your Local Police Officer and ask for more help and support, it's their damn job!.  Good luck.
Yvonne

Yvonne

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 12:12:56 AM »

:Kit n Stik; Hi Kickstart I do feel for you, and until you can find a garage for your car you will always think it is going to happen again.
We had a caravan down here on a holiday park. In March last year when John was in hospital yet again I had a call from the site to say could I come down as our caravan had windows smashed. When I got down there 30 caravans had all there doors smashed in but don't ask me why ours was the worst every window and both doors had been smashed. It took 3 months for the insurance to be sorted out and windows repaired.  After that we never felt like using it again so we tried to sell it even dropped the price to £7,000 so in the end to get rid of the worry we let a dealer take it.  We had paid £16,000 for it in 2006 and the dealer gave us £3,000. I'm glad to have the worry of it off my mind but you never forgive the kids that did it.  The police said the kids were under age and nothing could be done other than a good telling off.  So at the end of the day the kids got their kicks and won. Because the local paper found out about John being so ill and in hospital at the time we made front line headlines, I let them do it as I hope the kids read the paper and made them feel guilty about upsetting peoples lives.

2007- since January 2007 carer to my husband John who has the following, allways been a very fit man up till then.
2007 - January Renal failure
2007 - March Diagnosed with a Horseshoe kidney and bladder cancer.
2007 - June One kidney, Prostrate and Bladder removed with stage 4 cancer. Urostomy
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 10:38:28 AM »

Hello KICKSTART,
perhaps it might be a good idea to go to the police,
explain your situation, tell them how much you need
your car and how vulnerable you feel.
The point in going to them is
that when they see you, it
gives them a chance to relate
to your dilemma. If you just phone them,
it does not relate and is anonymous
and gives them a chance to get out of it.l
But if you tell them about your medical
situation and what happened to your car etc
they might feel more obliged to help.
Good luck!

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
MandaMe1986
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 11:59:13 AM »

Im sorry that happend to you.  I don't know who is worse the a** who did it or the cops who did nothing.  Sorry again.

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theres is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the land.
Blessed are they whohunger and thirst for righteousness, for theywill be satisfied.
Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the clean of heart, for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

Matthew 5:3-9
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »