I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 12, 2024, 05:24:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  I need to vent......
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I need to vent......  (Read 2990 times)
Brightsky69

« on: April 09, 2009, 01:43:39 PM »

:stressed;
What is the deal?? Ever since I had to go on dialysis and actually go to a clinic.......everything is a hassle! I call up to a clinic because one of my prscriptions had run out. OMG!!   You would have thought I asked them to bleed for me. I was told my doc was seeing patients and basically didn't want to be bothered.  What the F !!!  All those nurses act like they are scared of my doc. I only see the guy once a month.....but Heck!!! If I need a scrip in between visits I donb't think that is too much to ask for!!

Everything is a hassle since I went on dialysis!!   :rant;

Transplant June 11, 1991 (1st time) my mom's kidney
Received my 2nd kidney transplant Oct. 19th 2010.
MandaMe1986
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 01:49:11 PM »

I'm sorry  :cuddle;  They can always get the doc to wirte the prescription when he is inbetween patients and then they can call it in to where you get them filled. It isn't that big of a deal.  I am so sorry they are making it out to be like this.

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theres is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the land.
Blessed are they whohunger and thirst for righteousness, for theywill be satisfied.
Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the clean of heart, for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

Matthew 5:3-9
swramsay

My son, Scotland, is my heartbeat.

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 01:52:16 PM »

I've left more than one doc because of rude and/or unprofessional staff. Since they are the ones you deal with more than the doctors some times, you have to make sure they meet your standards. There are offices out there with good doctors and good staff that treat patients kindly, compassionately and respectfully. I've had to weed through some to find the good ones. If they aren't up to snuff, I'd go elsewhere in a heartbeat. You deserve the best.

JUST KEEP GOING.
March 2009: NxStage Pureflow Home Dialysis 5-6 x's week
Sept 2008: In center dialysis
Sept 2008: Left kidney removed (bladder cancer)
April 2006: Right kidney removed (bladder cancer). Chemo for lymph node mets.
April 2004: Bladder removed plus hysterectomy & neobladder made (bladder cancer)
Feb 1994: Original bladder cancer diagnosis & beginning of this journey

www.marykay.com/wramsay
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 01:55:41 PM »

that is crazy and you should not be treated like that
Brightsky69

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 01:57:33 PM »

I don't know what the big deal is....it's just a scrip. The nurse said she would put a note in his box but doubted he would get to it today. You can bed I'll be calling them back tomorrow. The nurse acted like he'll get to it when he gets to it.   Whatever!!

paris
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 02:15:06 PM »

This is stupid!  My nurse gets everything ready for a new scrip and at the end of the day, he signs them all.  This shouldn't be an issue.  I am sorry   :cuddle;   :cuddle;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 02:53:50 PM »

If you have your pharmacy call the doctor's office directly they will respond in a more professional manner. If you cannot do that I would recommend finding a nephrologist who is not part of the dialysis unit, an independent who you see once a month. In-center docs are squeezing in their clinic time and some do not make individual patient's needs a priority. If there is a head nurse, ask to have a meeting with her and the social worker to help you navigate the best plan for getting prescriptions or follow-ups or copies of your labs in the future. You are the customer, they are being paid to provide a service, do not accept mediocre or bad treatment. That's my  :twocents; but I didn't mind being on the "bitch list" as Jenna's advocate. I hope you find some help.

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 02:59:44 PM »

Brightsky, I totally agree with okarol. I am known as a bitch at Len's clinic and I am very proud of the title. You don't screw with my hubby. Tell them if they can't do something as simple as refilling a prescription, maybe you should look for a new clinic. :cuddle;

If you have your pharmacy call the doctor's office directly they will respond in a more professional manner. If you cannot do that I would recommend finding a nephrologist who is not part of the dialysis unit, an independent who you see once a month. In-center docs are squeezing in their clinic time and some do not make individual patient's needs a priority. If there is a head nurse, ask to have a meeting with her and the social worker to help you navigate the best plan for getting prescriptions or follow-ups or copies of your labs in the future. You are the customer, they are being paid to provide a service, do not accept mediocre or bad treatment. That's my  :twocents; but I didn't mind being on the "bitch list" as Jenna's advocate. I hope you find some help.

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
G-Ma
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 03:01:59 PM »

Our Head Nurse calls the Dr who orders whatever and she calls the Pharmacy.....not a problem, and this is daily or several times a day.  There are about 20 Nephrologists in the group I go to and I believe 4 of them make weekly rounds in our center.    I really think a mess like yours starts with the Dr...generally S*** runs downhill.  I've met Drs who think they were made out of Gold...NOT.    :Kit n Stik;

Lost vision due to retinopathy 12/2005, 30 Laser Surg 2006
ESRD diagnosed 12/2006
03/2007 Fantastic Eye Surgeon in ND got my sight back and implanted lenses in both eyes, great distance & low reading.
Gortex 4/07.  Started dialysis in ND 5/4/2007
Gortex clotted off Thanksgiving Week of 2007, was unclotted and promptly clotted off 1/2 hour later so Permacath Rt chest.
3/2008 move to NC to be close to children.
2 Step fistula, 05/08-elevated 06/08, using mid August.
Aug 5, 08, trained NxStage and Home on 9/3/2008.
Fistulagram 09/2008. In hospital 10/30/08, Bowel Obstruction.
Back to RAI-Latrobe In Center. No home hemo at this time.
GOD IS GOOD
David13
Member for Life

A meow massages the heart.

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 03:03:28 PM »

You might have better luck if you call directly to the doctor's office rather than to the clinic.  Most nephrologists have their own office away from the clinic. The staff there definitely should have the time to help you because that is what they are there for.

“The first human being who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization” - Sigmund Freud
Brightsky69

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2009, 04:58:51 AM »

Here I go again.....having to chase Davita down to make them do their job. I am going to call over there AGAIN today to see if the idiot doctor signed me a new perscription. If he hasn't then I am going to call over to the head Doc in charge and tell him what is going on. In the mean time I am running out of my pills. If my phosphorus is too high on my labs this month...they are going to hear about it and I am going to totally blame them.

RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2009, 06:52:05 AM »

I just email my doc and he writes a script up if I miss one in between 3 monthly visits... and if I can't get hold of him (half the time he's out of the country lol) I just get the nurses to get one of the registrrs to write it up when they come through. They are fine with it and it's almost never a problem. LOL the last time they even had the pharmacy deliver the script up to the unit and gave it to me when I showed up. Service!!! :)

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
swramsay

My son, Scotland, is my heartbeat.

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2009, 07:12:28 AM »

Brightsky,
My pharmacy(s) call the doctors' offices for me when I need a renewal on my prescription.
Have you tried to refill your prescription? The pharmacy will calll for you if you need a renewal.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 01:11:17 PM by swramsay » Logged

JUST KEEP GOING.
March 2009: NxStage Pureflow Home Dialysis 5-6 x's week
Sept 2008: In center dialysis
Sept 2008: Left kidney removed (bladder cancer)
April 2006: Right kidney removed (bladder cancer). Chemo for lymph node mets.
April 2004: Bladder removed plus hysterectomy & neobladder made (bladder cancer)
Feb 1994: Original bladder cancer diagnosis & beginning of this journey

www.marykay.com/wramsay
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2009, 11:27:29 AM »

i'm sorry you are having ptonlrmd i must be the luckiest duck - my neph comes by the center 2 or 3 times a month and actually spends time talking with me. if i need a script he rights one then. if i need something in between visits i leave him a voice mail and he always gets back to me. if i need a script between visits the pharmacy calls his office. when i visit my mother, the doctor there stops by my chair at least twice to make sure everything is going ok. there are good caring doctors out there.

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
Brightsky69

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2009, 02:12:49 PM »

My other kidney doctor was like that. He totally spoiled me.

Brightsky69

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2009, 03:29:26 PM »

I sent an email. This is what I wrote

Hi K,

It's Friday evening and I have exactly 8 Phoslo capsules. Is there a procedure in place for requesting refills? Is there something I don't know?? Seriously K...What is wrong with this guy that he doesn't want fill out a simple prescription?

I guess Dr. X spoiled me. I would call L up, she would leave Dr. X a note, he would call it in, I would have it the next day. I guess it doesn't matter if I run out of Phoslo. Who cares right?

TynyWonder

Calvin

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2009, 04:50:51 PM »

I have had to deal with nurses "putting me off" as well and the last time they did that, I just kept calling and calling and calling and when I never did hear back from them (during business hours), I continued to call after hours to the answering service and I told the answering service what I needed and THEY put my call straight through to the doctor himself and he called my script in right then!     Persistence sometimes pays off.    I did not get into why I was calling so late to him then but the next time I see him, one on one, I am going to explain to him THEN, why *he* did not hear from me until after business hours.  (because of HIS nurses)

Diagnosed with ESRD-November 2006
I have had 2 fistuals-neither one worked
I have had 2 grafts the last one finally "took"
I had 3 different catheters from Nov. 06 - Dec. 08
Got on the transplant list - Halloween Day 2008

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.    I BELIEVE THIS TO BE SOOOOO TRUE!
Brightsky69

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2009, 09:03:41 AM »

I finally got my scrip. 5 days after I asked for it. (counting Sat and Sunday)

paul.karen
Elite Member

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2009, 09:31:17 AM »

That is insane.

Im like swarmsy if i run out the pharmacy automaticlay calls my doc for a refill.  and i think his nurses have authority to authorize refills.  They cant make a script but they can say yes he is taking that please give him three more refills.

And we pay these people to treat us like this?????

Curiosity killed the cat
Satisfaction brought it back

Operation for PD placement 7-14-09
Training for cycler 7-28-09

Started home dialysis using Baxter homechoice
8-7-09
Brightsky69

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2009, 09:53:20 AM »

tell me about it. Who is the customer here....I am !! I should take my business elsewhere.
Everything is like pulling teeth.

hurlock1

THIS MEMBER IS BANNED FROM IHD

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2009, 10:11:40 AM »

At my clinic, they have nurse practioners. they can write prescriptions. Thy usually come once sometimes twice a week. The last one (NP), was a bitch. Really Anything that required her to do anything, at all she wouldn't do. This new one is not only nice, but she'll write scripts for things like sleep medication. I dont want sleep medication for fun! I just want to be able to go to sleep. 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »