I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 12:29:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis - NxStage Users
| | |-+  New cartridge coming from NxStage
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New cartridge coming from NxStage  (Read 2157 times)
Dan.Larrabee

Dialysis Dan

« on: March 24, 2009, 07:30:48 PM »

I met with an NxStage rep today for training on PureFlow (finally no more bags). The rep told me that they have made some improvements on the cartridge and is should be shipping soon if not already. The improvements made are;

1. The short air removal connection on top of the filter will come with a tab placed on the cartridge to keep it from being caught in the cycler during loading the cartridge.
2. The saline T will be moved closer to the patient connection and the saline line will be made longer. The saline T clamp will be white rather than red.
3. The white tabs that keep the blood connections together during shipping will be perforated to make them easier to tear off.
4. The bag that the cartridge comes in, will come with a newer pull tab to make the package easier to open.
5. The Red and Blue clamp on the blood lines will also be improved and made sturdier.

That’s all I remember, but It looks like a few good improvement. She said they really do monitor sites like IHD and look for ways they can improve. Yeah NxStage and IHD!!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 09:08:52 PM by Dan.Larrabee » Logged

AKA Dialysis Dan
Feeling the best I can because of Home Hemo
Doing it the best way I can by making it Nocturnal
Sharing it to help everyone feel they best they can
www.youtube.com/dialysisdan
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »