I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 12, 2024, 02:21:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  Is it true that Dennis Kogod is the new CEO of Davita?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is it true that Dennis Kogod is the new CEO of Davita?  (Read 5681 times)
bioya

« on: February 20, 2009, 08:46:00 PM »

I heard today that KT and his Mello retired and Dennis is the new CEO. Anyone know if that is true? I had dinner with Kogod on two seperate occasions at national meetings and was impressed with his business sense and his ability to come down to the level of us "average" folks. He seemed (from my limited time with him) to really care about the patient and talked alot about things that we could or should do to make the patients time at the clinic more.... well, more 'gentle' (for the lack of a better word). He said that he went to clincs and sat with patients on a regular basis and  he related things that he was told about observations made by patients about staff that were only there for the money.

Again, this is just my limited experience with Kogod, and you can't judge a book by its cover, but he seemed truly concerned with the well being of the patient and also the caregiver. (see I can say something positive about DaVita).

Anyway, anyone know if Kogod is indeed the new CEO or soon to be CEO?
nursewratchet

"Either do it, or don't do it, don't try"

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 02:31:25 AM »

Joe Mello IS retiring.  Not Kent.  Kogood isn't taking over. 

RN, Facility Administrator 2002 to present
RN, Staff Nurse 1996-2002
Vicki
dialysisbiller

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 06:51:18 AM »

eventually retiring....for now he's involved in Revenue Operations... I think his replacement sounds good..... and a nice compliment from bioya too!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »