I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 06:25:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  considering giving up dialysis treatment
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: considering giving up dialysis treatment  (Read 36917 times)
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #100 on: September 26, 2006, 06:25:48 AM »

There's a saying  "He's not heavy, He's my Brother" I believe it was a song too but In a married relationship you would not be a burden.

If you are a burden than you are not truly in love. :(
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #101 on: September 26, 2006, 06:35:41 AM »

There's a saying  "He's not heavy, He's my Brother" I believe it was a song too but In a married relationship you would not be a burden.

That's right.  But you are still married and I don't take that lightly.  I'd rather stay single than go through another divorce. 

mmmmdeedee

« Reply #102 on: September 26, 2006, 02:38:27 PM »

I think there are obviously pros and cons to having a mate when one has a disability. If it's a good marriage - then great. If not, it just adds one more burden onto an already full plate! For me, right now, I've got me to worry about. I become a raving bitch at times when I'm sick and would rather not have a mate to take it out on right now.

And whether to stay on dialysis or not. Such a personal decision should be left up to that person. Although we are a tight community, everyone's circumstances are different. No, dialysis is not the end. But if your quality of life is such that the cons outperform the pros, then you decide, on your own, what is important to you.

1st on dialysis: 1986
1st transplant: 1990
1st failure: 05/06
CCPD
2nd transplant 07/24/07
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #103 on: September 26, 2006, 06:57:02 PM »

That's right.  But you are still married and I don't take that lightly.  I'd rather stay single than go through another divorce. 

Your 100% correct. If I weren't married I would not even consider getting married. My wife is not the most understanding but when she doesn't feel good well lets just say no one will feel good.

When I tell her I'm having a bad day or I feel really sick, she just says she don't feel good either. Definitely no sympathy in this house. So I understand you and mmmmmdee.

Technically I am legally separated but we do share the same house. separate bedrooms also.
vandie

« Reply #104 on: September 26, 2006, 07:02:36 PM »

Quote from: sluff
Your 100% correct. If I weren't married I would not even consider getting married. My wife is not the most understanding but when she doesn't feel good well lets just say no one will feel good.

When I tell her I'm having a bad day or I feel really sick, she just says she don't feel good either. Definitely no sympathy in this house. So I understand you and mmmmmdee.

Technically I am legally separated but we do share the same house. separate bedrooms also.

I divorced before I was diagnosed with CKD.  You all are making me think twice about ever getting married again.
I imagine it's hard to live in the same house, but be separated.  I'm sorry she's not supportive.

EDITED: Fixed Quote tag error - Epoman, Owner/Admin
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 07:04:51 PM by Epoman » Logged

Life is the journey, not the destination.

« Reply #105 on: September 26, 2006, 08:48:23 PM »

It is very hard to deal with your partner's illness.  When both of us, my hubby and I, both came up with something; me on dialysis and him with an amputation below the knee; our lives changed.  We both have had to adapt to new changes in our lives.  I look on it as we are leaning one each other and staggering through life together.  It is difficult I will not lie. I have no big advice to give on relationships.  I do know my hubby loves me and I love him.  It works for us.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »