I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2024, 02:32:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  My new dialysis center SUCKS!!!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My new dialysis center SUCKS!!!  (Read 16467 times)
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2009, 04:50:00 PM »

Get what is called a "restraining order" it will throw him in jail if he breaks it.  Tell the authorities you feel your life is in danger. 

kidneyless_In_PA

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2009, 01:05:42 PM »

Well here is an update on what is going on at my dialysis center as of right after my dialysis yesterday. My friend and I was sitting waiting for our rides to come cus we where finish (THANK GOD) when the girl (whose boyfriend is harassing me) comes out and tells her boyfriend they have to talk to the Social Worker and he looks right at me and my friend and said if it is bad he is gonna snap cus he isn't taking it any longer. OK after my dialysis lately I am so worn out that I didn't put to and to together that he was threatening me and I could have called the cops and had him arrested so on the way home it dawned on me then I text ed my husband and told him what he said and asked him if that was a threat cus I felt threaten. He told me yes but it was to late. So I had to promise him and my friend who we also sponsor that when I am around him that my cell will be in my pocket and to call state police cus the dialysis center is in their territory . My husband is also telling the lawyer that he threatens me and gets away with it. I feel now especially that I don't want to go back to my treatments cus of him but I know I have to go to everyone.  :rant;

Busy 3 times a week and the other 4 days so cold and weak etc.
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2009, 08:16:07 PM »

Also, if your phone has it, or if you have a digital voice recorder or a tape recorder, record anything while waiting and have it out in the open. Secret recordings are not to permissable in court.

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
kidneyless_In_PA

« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2009, 11:59:19 PM »

chris I thought of that and am aware it is not allowed in court.

Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2009, 09:51:02 AM »

Ask your lawyer about it. It may not be admissable, but maybe enough to get him away from you if you played it back in front of a cop if he was called there. Or if there is a way to trick the system, like maybe calling your voice mail to leave a message but he is heard in the background. Just say excuse me I'm on the phone which would catch him knowing and he's still not shutting up.

Just a random thought of an idea.

I do have a catlog of spy equipment sold in Florida if needed.  :2thumbsup;

Diabetes -  age 7

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Knee Surgery 2010
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012

kidneyless_In_PA

« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2009, 10:45:16 AM »

ok update on my dialysis center. They was told on Thursday I was threatened by him and now they want a meeting with my husband and me and her and him and they scheduled it for august 4th. I called her back and said I can't make it that day cus I have a doctor appointment I  have to be out of the building by 10:30. I told her it has gone to far now cus I am afraid or should I say terrified to go into dialysis and out cus I don't know what he will do. I said to her I will get a restraining order on him if I have to. Then he can't be in the building when I am, I have to be there. She goes oh you can't do that. I said yes I can. I told her I am not taking it anymore. I was pushed over the line. Oh the head lady said yesterday at my treatment how about we move you to 3rd shift on monday-wednesday-friday . I said NO. I am the victim. So when I got done my friends was out in the lobby waiting for me and I told them she wanted me to change. My male friend said he is gonna take care of him once and for all your not changing. So did everyone else including 2nd shift.  Will let you know what happens next, I have a call in to my lawyer.  :banghead; :sir ken;

kidneyless_In_PA

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2009, 11:44:34 AM »

i just got off the phone with the courthouse and they said I don't qualify for a protection from abuse against him cus I am not intimate with him. I got really mad when she said if he does anything to me call 911.. I said am I still suppose to call if he kills me. I told her I need the life saving treatment he isn't even a patient there. They don't care. It is sounding more and more that the dialysis center is on his side. He knows he is getting away with stuff like hitting on the ambulance ladies.. that is sexual harassment, but he is getting away with it. I really don't want to go to my treatment tomorrow but it is suppose to be hot and I then have 2 days in front of that and since this is the first summer on dialysis I don't know how my body will react. I made my mind up about Tuesday though if they don't take me in earlier so I can make my Dr. appointment then I will get up and call my husband to come and get me or my transportation. I am really tired of the clinic. The staff hop at this guy and his girl demands we call them the king and queen. Right now I feel like I am all alone nobody besides my husband cares if I live or die. I can't afford to hire a bodyguard to go to dialysis with me. 3 times a week times 4 weeks that is 12 times. :banghead;

Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2009, 10:59:48 PM »

Whoever at the courthouse said that, sounds like an idiot, but maybe each state has different laws regarding this matter.

Diabetes -  age 7

Knee Surgery 2010
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012

kidneyless_In_PA

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2009, 12:13:41 AM »

i told that to my husband and that I got yelled at cus I won't change my Dr. appointment cus this guy and girl said next Tuesday was ok for the meeting. I told her this is a very important Dr. appointment I have to be out of the building by 10:30 . She got really mad at me, so my husband called her back when he got home from work and made them change it to the 11th. They had no right yelling at me. but that is how they are. There is no other dialysis center I could transfer to and they know it. That is the problem.

Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2009, 05:22:36 PM »

You did look at the Medicare website for facility listings right?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 10:10:53 PM by Chris » Logged

Diabetes -  age 7

Knee Surgery 2010
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012

Hanify
Elite Member

Hadija, Athol, Me and Molly at Havelock North 09

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2009, 07:46:35 PM »

I don't understand why you have anything to do with other people in your unit.  I used to just go in, do my dialysis and leave again - I didn't care what other people did or didn't do.  I didn't speak to them other than sometimes to say hi and bye, so there was no issue about what I did or didn't address people as.  Whatever the person does or doesn't do to the ambulance staff is between them surely?

Diagnosed Nov 2007 with Multiple Myeloma.
By Jan 2008 was in end stage renal failure and on haemodialysis.
Changed to CAPD in April 2008.  Now on PD with a cycler.  Working very part time - teaching music.  Love it.  Husband is Paul (we're both 46), daughter Molly is 13.
Wenchie58
Elite Member

Always carrying the big silly grin!

« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2009, 08:46:27 PM »

I've read through this thread a couple of times and I am still confused.  I guess I'll just sit back and await the outcome.  Course, I'm a hardass...NO ONE threatens me.   :waiting;

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning Satan shudders and says "Oh s**t, she's awake!"

Right nephrectomy 1963
Diagnosed ESRD 2007
"Listed" summer 2007
Transplant 3/6 match  10/24/08
paddbear0000
Elite Member

Dogs & IHDer's are always glad to see you!

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2009, 08:15:34 AM »

Haha! If they don't listen to me, I just sick my husband on them. That usually works. If not, then I call my mother and let them deal with her. She has been an office manager in the medical field for over 20 years and has dealt with everything medical office related, including legal issues. Everyone caves to her! I may be in my 30's, but my Mom will still protect her daughter!!

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

...or sponsor me at http://walk.kidney.org/goto/janetschnittger
Twitter.com/NKFKidneyWalker
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659267443&ref=nf 
www.caringbridge.org/visit/janetschnittger

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »