I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 07:11:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: News Articles
| | |-+  Husband in divorce case wants wife's kidney back--or $1.5M
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Husband in divorce case wants wife's kidney back--or $1.5M  (Read 8434 times)
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2009, 08:41:16 AM »

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=3906861&cl=11515679&ch=4226713&src=news

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2009, 09:48:15 AM »

The news feed seems like he is full of it when he says he was happy to donate, but bitter about the marriage. If so, then rectify it somehow in the news and quit having your lawyer blame her for not having her family donate. This still gives organ donation bad publicity that was only garned from him and his lawyers actions in the news.

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2009, 08:46:58 PM »

Sounds more like he needs a brain instead of a kidney!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Bill Peckham
Elite Member

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2009, 10:45:50 AM »

Cross posted from my blog

It's true the guy did give her a kidney but everything else appears to be a total lie

By Bill Peckham

I've held off on commenting on the man wants his kidney back stories that have been widely discussed on not only CKD discussion boards and listservs but throughout the national media. It supposedly brings up questions of ethics and should we pay for organs. I don't think it does but I do know one thing: You should never think that you know what happened in a marriage if you've only heard the story from one of the spouses.

HDCN links to Dawnell Batista, wife at center of kidney case breakup finally tells her dramatic story published in the Daily News and sure enough it turns out the guy is a lying liar and a gigantic jerk. When the lying doctor "told Larry King his reason for divorce was “infidelity.” He didn’t say it was his own." In fact the wife has an incredibly sympathetic story and it is an indictment of the media that they took this liar and his Howard Stern lawyer at face value.

The one part of the story that the highly believable Daily News story missed is that the lying doctor also impacted people far removed from his self centered universe. This idea that your donor could come back years latter and want your kidney will add another factor against in the calculus of accepting a kidney from a living donor. I am waiting for Larry King to have Dawnell on, as well as her corroborating friends so that the lying doctor can be properly held up to public ridicule and scorn.

While Larry is on the topic he should also have on his show someone from Donate Life (if it was up to me I'd call it Sustain Life, but whatever) to talk about living donation and why this one particular lying jerk shouldn't enter into anyone's personal calculus on whether to accept a kidney from a living donor.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 11:13:45 AM by Bill Peckham » Logged

http://www.billpeckham.com  "Dialysis from the sharp end of the needle" tracking  industry news and trends - in advocacy, reimbursement, politics and the provision of dialysis
Incenter Hemodialysis: 1990 - 2001
Home Hemodialysis: 2001 - Present
NxStage System One Cycler 2007 - Present
        * 4 to 6 days a week 30 Liters (using PureFlow) @ ~250 Qb ~ 8 hour per treatment FF~28
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2009, 10:51:30 AM »

my one thought throughout this entire thing is even if the wife would say "ok, here have it back" medically speaking would there be anyone willing to take it out and would they put it back in the husband. i don't think so! the entire thing is just plane stupid. so stupid it doesn't deserve the attention it's getting.

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »