I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2024, 02:28:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: News Articles
| | |-+  DOING AN ASSIGNMENT ON PERITONEAL DIALYSIS.. PLZ HELP!!!!!!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DOING AN ASSIGNMENT ON PERITONEAL DIALYSIS.. PLZ HELP!!!!!!!  (Read 1365 times)
nana1

DOING ASSIGNMENT ON PERITONEAL DIALYSIS.. HELP!!!!

« on: December 24, 2008, 09:16:42 AM »

HI EVERYONE MY NAME IS NANA AND IM A STUDENT NURSE AND I HAVE TO GIVE A PRESENTATION ON AN INTERVENTION FOR A CHRONIC ILLNESS AND CHOOSE 3 ASPECTS FROM THAT INTERVENTION.
I HAVE DECIDEDTO DO MY ON PERITONEAL DIALYSIS. SO I THOUGHT IT WILL BE A GOOD IDEA TO GET SOME FEEDBACK FROM PEOPLE THAT ARE ACTUALLY GOING THROUGH IT AS ONE OF MY ASPECTS IS:
-THE IMPACT PD HAS ON A PERSONS EVERYDAY LIFE, (e.g body image issues etc).
SO PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO WRITE ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCES WHETHER GOOD OR BAD, ILL REALY APPRECIATE IT.
THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS, AND HOPE YOU REPLY.
LOTS OF THANKS,
NANA  :flower;

HI EVERYONE MY NAME IS NANA AND IM A STUDENT NURSE AND I HAVE TO GIVE A PRESENTATION ON AN INTERVENTION FOR A CHRONIC ILLNESS AND CHOOSE 3 ASPECTS FROM THAT INTERVENTION.
I HAVE DECIDEDTO DO MY ON PERITONEAL DIALYSIS. SO I THOUGHT IT WILL BE A GOOD IDEA TO GET SOME FEEDBACK FROM PEOPLE THAT ARE ACTUALLY GOING THROUGH IT AS ONE OF MY ASPECTS IS:
-THE IMPACT PD HAS ON A PERSONS EVERYDAY LIFE, (e.g body image issues etc).
SO PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO WRITE ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCES WHETHER GOOD OR BAD, ILL REALY APPRECIATE IT.
THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS, AND HOPE YOU REPLY.
LOTS OF THANKS,
NANA
peleroja
Elite Member

I have 16 hats, all the same style!

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 03:51:47 PM »

Hi, Nana.  I was on PD for 5 years and intend to go back just as soon as they can put in another catheter.  The exit site for the PD catheter is usually placed in the tummy area, but I had something called a pre-sternal catheter (about an inch to the right of my left breast).  For the first two years I couldn't even look at it, nor did I go in the hot tub.  Then one day I just said phooey and jumped nekkid into the hot tub and not one person cared what it looked like.  In fact, I'm thinking about asking for another pres-ternal catheter when I redo the surgery.  I much prefer PD to hemo because there are fewer restrictions on food and fluid, and it can be done just about anywhere.  If you have other questions, feel free to ask away or write me privately.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »