I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 12:23:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Rant rant rant rant, is it ok to rant here!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rant rant rant rant, is it ok to rant here!  (Read 4920 times)
Hephs-little-lady

Always dance like no one is watching!

« on: August 19, 2006, 02:04:03 AM »

OK, Heph is in hospital with peritonitis caused by an exit site infection tunnelling along the catheter, so he has to stay in hospital and not treat it at home because he NEEDS IV ANTIBIOTICS to clear it up! That is the only reason he has to stay in.

Well I just spoke to him on the phone and you'll never guess what!!!!!!!!

LAST NIGHT THEY FORGOT TO GIVE HIM THE IV ANTIBIOTICS  >:D  >:(  >:D  >:(

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaagh

So now to finish the course, he will have to stay an extra day.

Man, I am so pissed off!!!!

:D Knowledge Is Knowing That A Tomato Is A Fruit, Wisdom Is Not Putting It In A Fruit Salad.
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 05:23:37 AM »

Wow! I would be fuming mad too! And Peritonitis is painful enough without having to deal with forgetful staff ... didn't they read his chart??

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
Ohio Buckeye
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 08:25:56 AM »

There is no excuse for that happening!!!!
I would be furious beyond words!
How scary to think that our lives our in the hands of these incompetent people.

If I must do this to live, I must strive to live
while I am doing this.
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 08:41:19 AM »

Didn't he notice a "bag" wasn't hanging above his head?  Why didn't he ask!  How did he find out they forgot?  I can't "imagine" they admitted it.  They would usually cover it up by saying "Well, this antibiotic doesn't seem to be affective, so we are going to put you on a different one tonight."  (Meaning the one they forgot last night)!

Dr. Evil

...dialysis IS the miracle...

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2006, 10:22:59 AM »

Hmmmm-

I have always said....hospitals are dangerous places for sick people.

Nurses tend to screw up a lot, pharmacy gets orders wrong all the time, and just about all of this is out of the docs hands....
Yet we get the blame for any bad outcome.
If we complain, then we are trouble makers and need to "learn how work more professionally with the team of health care professionals...blah...blah...blah..."

What happened to the good old days when docs can throw shit around and yell and scream at incomepent staff, etc.! >:(

....hope things turn out OK....

Solo Private Practice Nephrologist, Board Certified in Nephrology and Internal Medicine
Somewhere in the USA
"I am not really sure how the kidneys work, but I sure know what to do when they don't!"
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2006, 10:26:59 AM »

I still want my doc to scream and rant and throw shit around if the staff is incompetent!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Hephs-little-lady

Always dance like no one is watching!

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2006, 11:48:14 AM »

Didn't he notice a "bag" wasn't hanging above his head? Why didn't he ask! How did he find out they forgot? I can't "imagine" they admitted it. They would usually cover it up by saying "Well, this antibiotic doesn't seem to be affective, so we are going to put you on a different one tonight." (Meaning the one they forgot last night)!

Heph told the nurse last night that he needed the IV antibiotics when they bought his last exchange with the other antibiotics in, then he did the final exchange and fell asleep! He was woken up this morning by the same nurse who said she'd forgotten!  >:(

They are doing well today though and Heph is actually back to his normal self and is bossing everyone around. He won't let them forget today, he's fiesty.  >:D

:D Knowledge Is Knowing That A Tomato Is A Fruit, Wisdom Is Not Putting It In A Fruit Salad.
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2006, 11:52:29 AM »

You go Hephman, give 'em hell....  that is so good to hear, hope he is home soon :)

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Python

Bobby the Python

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2006, 11:58:19 AM »

Hmmmm-

I have always said....hospitals are dangerous places for sick people.

Nurses tend to screw up a lot, pharmacy gets orders wrong all the time, and just about all of this is out of the docs hands....
Yet we get the blame for any bad outcome.
If we complain, then we are trouble makers and need to "learn how work more professionally with the team of health care professionals...blah...blah...blah..."

What happened to the good old days when docs can throw shit around and yell and scream at incomepent staff, etc.! >:(

....hope things turn out OK....

What's needed is someone like my late mother's cousin (our "Aunty" Jeannie).  She was a Matron (of the old-fashioned type) of a large hospital in England - can't remember which one as she was retired when I was 6 years old.

She said "Jump!" and  everyone, including doctors said "How high?"

Her standard of cleanliness and care for her patients was second-to-none but God help any of her staff who got things wrong.

Alports Syndrome - A Rare Breed Indeed!!!
Hawkeye
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2006, 02:05:04 PM »

You might not be able to throw things around and yell at the staff, but your words to the right people carry a lot of weight.  Some of the doctors at my wife's hospital threatend to leave if they didn't get her to work their rooms during surgery.  Guess what doctors she works with during surgery.

It's not easy being green.
kevno

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2006, 06:25:09 PM »

We still have a sort of Matron on our unit, if a nurse messes up she get to find out about it. I have her e-mail address if she is not on the unit at the time it happens :) It does no harm to keep the nurses on their toes ;D Especially when they are dealing with putting me on the machine.

But this little saying keeps me going!!

"RENAL PATIENTS NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »