I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2024, 11:31:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Hello ALL!!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello ALL!!!  (Read 2336 times)
Neo

Dont let dialysis stop you...

« on: September 26, 2008, 02:00:11 PM »

I miss hearing form you guys.. How is everyone???? I'm still on dialysis, and i just turned 30 on September 3rd!! I'm getting OLD!!..LOL School is coming along well. I'm in the nursing program and will be going for my Masters to be a Physician assistant in the next couple of years. Just keeping my friends updated.I don't come on here nearly as much as I should. I always seem to feel better about everything after hearing from you all.. So please BLOW UP this thread with what you are all up to or anything else you want to tell me about...Hope everyone is healthy as can be expected...Your Friend, Matt
Lucinda

Life is great!

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 02:11:17 PM »

Hi Matt....nice to hear from you.  I am a bit like you when it comes to "intermittency" but I try and get on here whenever I can so I can catch up with everyone.  Sounds like you have all you ducks lined up and have things in control.  Great to see you living your life and your dreams ad great to see the dialysis is not slowing you down too much.  Take care.  I hope this thread bursts at the seams. xx
Sunny
Elite Member

Sunny

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 02:30:45 PM »

The medical field will be a wonderful career to have and it should suit you well.
Sounds like a lot of work, don't know how you do it. Being 30 yrs old is still young in my book and you have many good years yet.

Sunny, 49 year old female
 pre-dialysis with GoodPastures
monrein
Member for Life

Might as well smile

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 02:42:45 PM »

Glad you're keeping us in the loop and that things are going well with your studies.  Hope everything's good on the girlfriend front also.  Once we see photos we feel she's part of the family too.
All the best and stay in touch.  You know we care and we worry.   :cuddle;

Pyelonephritis (began at 8 mos old)
Home haemo 1980-1985 (self-cannulated with 15 gauge sharps)
Cadaveric transplant 1985
New upper-arm fistula April 2008
Uldall-Cook catheter inserted May 2008
Haemo-dialysis, self care unit June 2008
(2 1/2 hours X 5 weekly)
Self-cannulated, 15 gauge blunts, buttonholes.
Living donor transplant (sister-in law Kathy) Feb. 2009
First failed kidney transplant removed Apr.  2009
Second trx doing great so far...all lab values in normal ranges
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 03:38:14 PM »

:thumbup;  :waving; Neo. Good for you. When you have time, please keep us posted. We worry about members we don't hear from.  :cuddle;

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 04:41:34 PM »

Hi Neo!  Good to see you back.  Just keep us updated once in awhile--you know we worry!  Sounds like you are doing ok.  How is the girlfriend?  I always enjoy your posts. You have a great attitude.  Keep studying--we need good people like you in the medical field!   :grouphug;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
boxman55
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 04:53:17 PM »

Hey Neo, glad to hear from you. Sounds like all is well. Good for you on your studies...Boxman

"Be the change you wished to be"
Started Hemodialysis 8/14/06
Lost lower right leg 5/16/08 due to Diabetes
Sister was denied donation to me for medical reasons 1/2008
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 06:16:56 PM »

Good luck in your studies. What a great plan you have.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Neo

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 08:12:47 AM »

How are all of you doing??
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 10:50:46 PM »

GREAT!!  and you?
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 11:48:32 PM »

:waving;
Thanks for asking Neo. I am doing really good! I do volunteer work at a thrift shop, and at a kidney support group so that, and being on IHD, takes up a lot of time. Jenna is taking theater arts classes at a local college, and her kidney is working great.
I got a ticket 2 days ago and then a rock cracked my windshield today, but those are minor set backs, they will pass. Take care and keep posting!

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2008, 03:41:10 AM »

Hi, Matt!  I am doing okay.  I am presently teaching one French course at our Community College, and doing some tutoring on the side - children's French, and Adult Spanish.  Hoping to get my job at the Tourist Board back once the season starts in november.  For now, have to be content to let my daughter be the breadwinner.  She is also studying hard to finish her bachelor's degree online - doing Management.  then she plans to do a master's in Human Resources.
It's great to hear from you.  Please weigh in every now and then and let us know how you are doing.   :cuddle;

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2008, 10:06:32 AM »

All is good in my little world.  5 more day and I get to see my daughter!!  Haven't seen her since June and I really miss her.   :cuddle; 

Always glad to see you Post, Neo.  You have such a great outlook and always upbeat.   :2thumbsup;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Sunny
Elite Member

Sunny

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2008, 04:19:32 PM »

Spent July in Peru, which was great!
Spent September dealing with MRSA in my nose, then a urinary tract infection caused by a weird strain of e-coli.
Now finally feeling really good again. My 17 yr old daughter is busy filling out applications for college. My 19 yr old son is skipping college this semester and is working at Circuit City selling computers. My husband is good as usual teaching H.S. Economics and going fly fishing next week-end.
Hope all is well with you.

Sunny, 49 year old female
 pre-dialysis with GoodPastures
Neo

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2008, 06:24:09 PM »

Wow...You guys are busy!! LoL  Ive been just keeping up with the politics and stuf lately. Im in FL so its really too hot to go out and exercise a lot. Oh im also taking a Theatre history calss among my many medical classes. I love it its the best class ive ever had, im thinking of maybe minoring in theatre history...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »