I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 10:34:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  DAVITA Las Vegas 2005 Conference. The DVD arrived!!! And I am SICKENED!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DAVITA Las Vegas 2005 Conference. The DVD arrived!!! And I am SICKENED!  (Read 6925 times)
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« on: June 27, 2006, 09:23:04 PM »

:o :o :o :o :o ::)

Our member "bioya" who currently works for Davita, sent me this DVD, See this thread: http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=683.0 Below are some pictures of the DVD, the OFFICIAL DVD that corporate sent to certain employees.

He sent me this DVD and I have to tell you I am sickened. This video is most idiotic spectacle I have ever witnessed. The most self-righteous thing I have ever witness. I was appalled. The whole meeting was basically about getting paid, getting laws passed so they can get paid more money, they had these skits and they all evolved around funding, not better patient care, but MONEY and self glorification of how great they are. This event must have cost Davita a lot of money to put on, I'm talking hundreds of thousands of dollars, from the look of it, the conference was over a many days. I was sickened to see how practically everyone has either beer, wine, or hard liquor in there hands. Not once did they have a patient as a guest or have patients let them know how we feel, why? we are a village arn't we? NOPE we are just a tool in Kent Thirys toolbox of dialysis domination. I mean this was like a week long event with many different events throughout the week, why not

Well more on that in a second here are some pics of my package, I received today, Thanks again to "bioya".

When "bioya" first told me the "secrets" of what went on at this meeting I confirmed with some other employees of davita if it were true, and when they confirmed it, I was appalled, and so were they. Many of Davitas employees think the skits were horrible and that davita is cult like.

I will be looking into seeing what I can post either clips or screenshots, I need to check into the legality of it first. So if there are any lawyers out there feel free to let me know what my options are. Because I don't doubt for one second that Davita would sue me, even though I am a member of their village.  ::)

MORE INFO COMING SOON!!!! And JUICY details. >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

- Epoman

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
hyperlite

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 09:38:28 AM »

Don't quote me on this, but as far as I know, as long as they don't have the classic warning: "For home purposes only, not to be duplicated, or displayed publicly...yada yada yada" at the start of the film, and as long as their is no Copyright on the film itself (or packaging) I'm pretty sure you can post as much of it as you want.
bioya

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 10:33:04 AM »

When you have 2500 people attend a meeting, you have an entire hotel booked for at least four days (not including the days before and after that hundreds of employees are there for setup and teardown), when you consider feeding thousands three meals a day, hotel rooms, meetings rooms, ballrooms, snacks, telephones, computers, and the tens of thousands of glasses of alcohol that were severd, you are talking millions. Just think of the airplane tickets. If you fly 2500 people and average $500 a ticket, I think thats somewhere in the neighborhood of $1,250,000 and thats just for transportation.
Some of us sat down one time in Las Vegas and we figured somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 to 5 million dollars for each meeting.
And you, the patient are the ones to suffer. Think of the staffing that could get you for your clinics. Think of the reduction of cost of dialysis for you patients. This is simply a travisty. I have worked for large businesses before, but have never seen anything like this. 
I would love to see just one.. JUST ONE MEETING.. where they served coffee and water in the evenings. Lets see how many of the FA's and other managers would jump to go to one of these then? I said it before, and I will say it again, as many of my co-mangers stated at each of the meetings, its just one big drunkfest!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 02:53:29 PM by bioya » Logged
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2006, 10:19:44 PM »

Bump

When do we get to see this?

Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2006, 05:12:47 PM »

Bump

When do we get to see this?

Soon!  :)

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »