I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 13, 2024, 01:22:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: News Articles
| | |-+  XCorporeal XCR-6: Smallest Home HemoDialysis System Yet
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: XCorporeal XCR-6: Smallest Home HemoDialysis System Yet  (Read 4176 times)
RightSide
Elite Member

« on: November 14, 2008, 09:19:14 AM »

PRESS RELEASE
Xcorporeal, Inc. Announces the XCR-6 Dialysis Platform for Self-Directed Kidney Hemodialysis
New Machine Makes Home-Based Dialysis a Reality for Millions of Patients Worldwide

Last update: 8:30 a.m. EST Nov. 12, 2008
LOS ANGELES, Nov 12, 2008 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Xcorporeal, Inc. announced today the XCR-6 Dialysis Platform for self-directed kidney hemodialysis. The XCR-6 will be the smallest, lightest, and easiest to use dialysis machine ever conceived, using Xcorporeal's proprietary closed loop, regenerated dialysate technology platform. The Company is currently preparing for unattended/home use clinical trials of the XCR-6 in anticipation of commercialization in the near future.

The XCR-6 was developed through extensive research and represents a significant improvement compared with equipment currently utilized by patients suffering from chronic renal failure. The technology will, for the first time, allow dialysis providers to "bring the therapy to the patient" because the XCR-6 uses an extremely small amount of tap water; requires no special plumbing or water processing plants; runs on standard household electricity; is the size and weight of a small household appliance; is easy to learn and use as all tubing is integrated into a single proprietary cassette that snaps into place with one hand and retains all fluids within the disposable cassette, facilitating clean up. The Company estimates that the home hemodialysis market represents a multi-billion dollar revenue opportunity.

"We are extremely excited to announce the XCR-6," said Kelly McCrann, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Xcorporeal. "The XCR-6 represents the culmination of years of research and development activities in an attempt to change the lives of patients living with kidney dialysis on a daily basis. With its compact size, allowing it to fit into an airline carry-on compartment, the days of patients requiring Center visits for dialysis are numbered. Our ability to deliver a simple, robust, portable, cost-effective solution will finally remove the barriers to home-based hemodialysis services."

Unlike conventional, single pass dialysis machines that require 50 liters or more of dialysate generated by a large water purification plant, Xcorporeal's unique approach requires only 6 liters of dialysate, generated from readily available tap water, and then recirculated in a closed loop to attain the same toxin clearance rates as conventional single pass machines.

http://tinyurl.com/5snuef

Zach
Elite Member

"Still crazy after all these years."

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 11:27:32 AM »

Just more hype from the company to gain investor's $$.
Will believe it when the FDA approves it.

8)

Uninterrupted in-center (self-care) hemodialysis since 1982 -- 34 YEARS on March 3, 2016 !!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No transplant.  Not yet, anyway.  Only decided to be listed on 11/9/06. Inactive at the moment.  ;)
I make films.

Just the facts: 70.0 kgs. (about 154 lbs.)
Treatment: Tue-Thur-Sat   5.5 hours, 2x/wk, 6 hours, 1x/wk
Dialysate flow (Qd)=600;  Blood pump speed(Qb)=315
Fresenius Optiflux-180 filter--without reuse
Fresenius 2008T dialysis machine
My KDOQI Nutrition (+/ -):  2,450 Calories, 84 grams Protein/day.

"Living a life, not an apology."
Adam_W
Elite Member

Me with Baron von Fresenius

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 07:16:12 PM »

Here is a picture of the prototype.

http://www.syncronessdesign.com/case2.html

-Diagnosed with ESRD (born with one kidney, hypertension killed it) Jan 21st, 2007
-Started dialysis four days later in hospital (Baxter 1550-I think, then Gambro Phoenix)
-Started in-centre dialysis Feb 6th 2007 (Fres. 2008H)
-Started home hemo June 5th 2007 (NxStage/Pureflow)
-PD catheter placed June 6th 2008 (Bye bye NxStage, at least for now)
-Started CAPD July 4th, 2008
-PD catheter removed Dec 2, 2008-PD just wouldn't work, so I'm back on NxStage
-Kidney function improved enough to go off dialysis, Feb. 2011!!!!!
-Back on dialysis (still NxStage) July 2011 :(
-In-centre self-care dialysis March 2012 (Fresenius 2008K)
-Not on transplant list yet.

"Don't live for dialysis, use dialysis to LIVE"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »