I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 07:39:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Other Severe Medical Conditions
| | |-+  VERY SCARED
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: VERY SCARED  (Read 17003 times)
Marley

« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2008, 09:47:10 AM »

Pelagia

The story you shared about your dad is very encouraging!!  We haven't been able to be intimate for the last 5 years now and we're thinking once he'srecovered from surgery, we might be able to again.......  That's the least of my worries rightnow, but it sure would be nice!!  I sure miss the intimacy and so does Mike.  I'm hoping!!!

Danally, thank you for the article.  I don't think they do heart pumping surgery here where we're at and we don't have the resources to get to Chicago, but thank you for the article, it was very interesting!!  Mike trusts his cardiologist and we've been told this cardiac surgeon is very good at what he does and has done many mitral valve repairs, lots of experience.

Part of this infection has broken off and apeared on Mike's toenail as a dark line.  Very strange!!  I learn new things every time I go down there or get on line and search.  The hospital here he is at has a website where I can check his lab work and read some reports.  I've gotten quite an education ESRD and heart problems, big time!!

:guitar:

Marley
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2008, 05:27:51 PM »

I had a scare one year when they thought I had an infection on my heart valve.  Holy smokes the test for it is miserable.  They drop a camera down your throat to look at the heart valve.  I was awake for the entire thing. Yes, they drugged me but not enough.  When they were done I sat up and told them that the test sucked all the way.  THey looked at me and said: "You felt that?"  Oh yes I did.  I managed to get myself into a hypnotic trance and hold it until they were done with the test.

I truly hope your hubby gets better soon!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2008, 06:06:07 PM »

:grouphug;  Hope things go well Marley.  Keep us posted.  :guitar:

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
Danally

« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2008, 06:15:53 PM »

Marley,
My dad had that type of surgery and St Francis in Manhassett, New York. Good luck I am sure he will be fine.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »