I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 01:29:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Describe your 1st dialysis - with info @ advice for newbies ...
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Describe your 1st dialysis - with info @ advice for newbies ...  (Read 6408 times)
Jess21

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2008, 07:32:18 PM »

I got sent to the ER about 6pm, got an emergency cath in my neck about 7, the dialysis tech got the page as "normal" instead of "emergency" so he came several hours later.  Stupid machine's water wouldn't work, ended up making my room a slip and slide, finally got done after 1 in the morning.  and he kept waking me up every 15 minutes asking me if I was OK.  But he did care enough to tell me what was happening every step of the way.  But I was soo sick (creatine 31, hemoglobin 5), at that point I didn't CARE.

Hospitalized w/ renal failure- Nov. 2007
Diagnosed w/ ESRD w/ unknown cause- Jan 2008
Lower arm AV Fistula created- March 2008
On IL transplant list- Oct. 8th, 2008
On WI transplant list- June 25th, 2009
Pediatric 2 kidney transplant- July 6th, 2009 (3/6 antigen match)
devon

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2008, 08:55:39 AM »

Thanks Bajanne.  I found this very helpful and figured others would too.  I'm much more prepared for my first session tomorrow.

-Devon
oleboy

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2008, 05:47:14 PM »

I was so sick I wanted Hemo I was so tired of being sick my Neph. said he could put me in the Hospital that evening or I could wait for the clinic the next day. I chose the clinic but soon found Hemo so hard on me I opted for CCPD and have not looked back, my fistulas is still hammer away and my Cath is healed or as healed as it is going to get, also learned to wear suspenders instead of my belts.

'hold fast your dreams for if dreams die life is a broken winged bird that connot fly.'
Ken Shelmerdine
Elite Member

Life's a bitch and then you go on dialysis!

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2008, 05:24:33 AM »

My first night on the dialysis was a bit of a nightmare as the Baxter Cycler kept waking me up with alarms with each drain cycle. It couldn't get the last 250 or so mls out of me while I was lying down so I had to get out of bed for about 3 minutes and stand up while it finished draining then get back in bed when the next fill cycle started and try to get back off to sleep.

After a few nights of this I was really pissed off. The problem was sorted by putting the machine on a tidal setting and I've had no problems since.(Touch wood) although I do have to do a manual drain each morning by standing there like a lemon for about 5 minutes to clear that last 250 mls.

Ken
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »