I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 07:59:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Does anyone here smoke mariuana for pain?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Does anyone here smoke mariuana for pain?  (Read 9293 times)
annabanana

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2008, 12:14:09 PM »

My husband smoked when he had pain before his surgery last year. He says it really helped a lot. Helped him sleep, too.

caregiver to Randy:
HepC and stage 4 ckd
1 kidney removed (cancer)Aug07
KR Cincy

Home hemodialysis since May 07

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2008, 12:18:00 PM »

considering our reality, I'm all for anyone wanting to alter it...but be aware of the possible consequences if you're on the wait list!

Not giving up...thanks to Susan.
LightLizard

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2008, 12:18:43 PM »

by the way, it is not standard practice or policy to omit someone from the transplant list if they are a pot user.
it is up to individual hospitals to make that decision, and if the hospital is run by those who have been brainwashed to believe that pot is 'bad' - of course they will strive to promote their agenda as much as they can. even if it costs a life of two.
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2008, 08:31:21 PM »

just pass the joint please
Neo

Dont let dialysis stop you...

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2008, 10:52:17 AM »

I take pain meds which seem to do the trick for me..Ive never smoked marijuana even when I was healthy so im not sure how it makes you feel.. Im like the only person I know my age who hasnt tried it..LoL
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2008, 11:24:00 AM »

I am also the only person I know who has never done marijuana or drink to excess.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
skyedogrocks

Rob showing off his pot of gold!

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2008, 03:28:27 PM »

I am also the only person I know who has never done marijuana or drink to excess.

Now you "know" another person kitkat, me!  I have never tried marijuana or any illegal drug.  Just the thought of trying one, scares the hell out of me.  I also don't like to drink to excess very often.  I don't have a high tolerance to alcohol and I can get blitzed way too easily, so it's hardly ever that I do drink alot.

Rob would never think of doing marijuana for medicinal purposes, he could lose his job (he gets random drug tests) and he doesn't like the way it makes him feel.  He also doesn't handle pain pills well, they make him feel like crap.  I'm the same way, I had to take them after an operation and it made me feel horrible, so I just threw them away.

Wife to Rob who is currently doing Nx Stage Home Hemo Dialysis.

11/17/09 After 4 years on dialysis, Rob received a kidney from our George.  Kidney is working great!  YEAH!!!!
flip
Elite Member

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2008, 03:48:17 PM »

The lack of rain here has really hurt the crop this year. This will probably drive the price up. Actually, I don't know of anyone who smokes weed for pain. Nausea-yes, pain-no.

That which does not kill me only makes me stronger - Neitzsche
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2008, 04:34:02 PM »

Flip      I can send you some bottled water---- will that help
flip
Elite Member

« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2008, 04:41:46 PM »

yep....just mix in a little Miracle Grow

That which does not kill me only makes me stronger - Neitzsche
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2008, 05:10:16 PM »

it is a done deal :yahoo;
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2008, 10:56:02 AM »

Never took marijuana (though a Caribbean person), smoked about 3 cigarettes in my life, and am not a regular drinker (except I am in a French country).
I don't even know what marijuana smells like.  I taught for years here in a classroom looking down onto the street where there is this historic tree (freedom for the slaves was proclaimed here).  the guys used to be smoking out there.  Kids would come into my classroom and say "Ma'am, you got the good stuff in here!"  But I don't really know the smell.  I wanted someone to actually smoke some so I could be able to detect the smell, but that hasn't happened.  I would be driving with someone and they would say, as we passed an area,"Girl, you smell that?", but nothing.
As a teacher I wanted to be able to distinguish it so that, passing the bathrooms, etc., I would know if someone was smoking, but I never learnt.  don't suppose it matters now....

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »