I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 07:15:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis - NxStage Users
| | |-+  Reporting problems txStage
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reporting problems txStage  (Read 2631 times)
Roadrunner

« on: June 15, 2008, 05:00:23 PM »

Hi,

I am wondering why NxStage doesn't have an email address or a phone number to report problems with equipment. 

I hate to call and tell them I have a leak in my cartridge.  I know when I was new and needed to talk to a tech, I wanted them immediately.  I'm always afraid that I am putting someone on hold while I explain my leak, cartridge number etc. 

In the last two weeks I have had cartridge leaks, cartridges with the green & whites unconnected.  Today the blue line was open.  I know I should report these so the quality team can track them and hopefully make corrections, but I don't want to tie up the line.  My UVlight had 10 days left before it expires.  All these should be able to be reported by email or on a form on their site.  A separate phone number would also be OK as long as it is a 24 hour one since I'm one to "do it now" or "what was it I was going to do?"

Perhaps a chat line would be the best.

okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 05:27:59 PM »

This is from their website:

Technical Support
NxStage strives to maximize system uptime and availability with expert technical support. Our Technical Support team members have an average of 15 years of technical support experience. They have the expertise and commitment to provide timely assistance with any technical questions or issues. They provide:

* Responsive, 24 x 7 technical support to assist with any technical questions that arise.
    * Commitment to resolving minor questions or issues rapidly over the phone by guiding users through needed steps.
    * Next-day shipment of service swaps when appropriate to resolve more significant issues, while minimizing treatment interruption. This is possible due to the small size of our system.
    * Innovative approaches and technology to perform routine system checks and preventive maintenance, to minimize treatment interruption.

Toll Free Telephone: 866-697-8243

It sounds as though no question is too minor to call them about.

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 08:21:59 PM »

They do have e-mail, and will respond to it quite quickly if you have a minor problem to report.  I've used it for a few things, like a mixed up order.  If you are more comfortable, try e-mail for minor things.  I've also waited to call about issues until regular business hours, when they have more staff around.

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

Roadrunner

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 08:45:35 PM »

Okarol,

The phone number you gave is the one I always use.  I feel that number should only be used when you are on dialysis and have a problem you can't solve.  Not for reporting defects.

I have had very good luck with their responding when I call.  They are very patient and knowledgeable, but I worry that when they are taking the time to talk to me about a non emergency thing they are unable to take an emergency call. 

Once the lines were busy and someone said they would call me back.  I couldn't wait so I did a rinseback.  I was still a newbie and was very nervous.  As it turned out it was 15 minutes before they could call back.

Jbeany, can you post the techs e-mail number? 

alrightstill

BAH!

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 05:48:24 PM »

I agree, once you're a seasoned NXSTAGE user calling them to simply report one leaky cartdrige is just a bit of .. not a pain, but an inconvenience almost.   And like RR said, you feel bad for tying them up when there may be another user with a more important problem.

When I was a newbie I didn't hesitate to call for every little thing too.. until one time I had an emergency at 1am.. (somehow when priming my saline bag blew up with solution.. dont ask me how!)  Anyway, I was already stressed cuz it was  my last bag of saline (I had a whole case that had to get thrown out because it turned color in the heat), it was 90 something degrees in my house and the air conditioner had just blew.  Needless to say I was a wreck and trying to explain to the tech I was mixing up my "terminology" or whatever.  I was later told that when he talked to my center he told them I should be retrained (WTF?).  Luckilly, they stuck up for me and said that I had been doing the NXSTAGE for a year already and didn't need the retraining - it was just a really horrible night. 

But that was a long long time ago and every tech I've had to talk with since then was super-nice, most going out of their way to be of service.  But this isnt what this topic was about and I started to rant.  (SORRY!)

Anyway - back on topic - yes.  Please share the email so we can report defects too!  :)

1992 @ age 12 i was suddenly diagnosed with ESRD. 
1992 - 1995: Peritoneal Dialysis
1995: Cadaver Transplant
2001: Kidney rejects, back on PD
2002: too much scar tissue prevents PD from succeeding, go on hemo via permacath,
         transplanted kidney is removed.
Dec 2004 -- 2009t: on NXSTAGE (with the bags NOT pureflow) 6x a week via permacath
Dec 2009: Transplant from a pal
Oct 2016 - present:  Transplant fails, back on NxStage w/pureflow via femoral cath, patiently waiting for next kidney
Roadrunner

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 04:53:12 AM »

I was installing the Pure Flow control panel last night and had a question.  The techs were all busy and I was sent to an answering service.  I didn't even know they had an answering service.  They took my info, asked if we were dialyizing now and said the techs would call back shortly.  They called back about 3 minutes later. 

If I would have called a little earlier someone who really was having an emergency would have gotten the answering service.  This is why I think they should have an email address.  I could have emailed my question and the tech could have answered it when not dealing with an emergency.
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 09:03:37 PM »

I've just used the one from the inside cover of the manual - customerservice@nxstage.com.  I had an answer the next day.

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »