I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 08:18:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Epoman's Vision
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Epoman's Vision  (Read 2339 times)
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« on: June 24, 2008, 11:14:21 AM »

Because I was using a computer somewhere else, when I came to IHD I went to the home page (I usually go straight to the forums).  I have not read Epoman's introductory message for a long time.  I just want to quote it now.  I was so pleased to see that I can say that we are carrying on his vision.

I created the site for myself and others to have a voice on the internet free from censorship. Do not let the site's name fool you, we are not about being negative, we just hate dialysis. We are a community that is very supportive of each other and we help new patients and veterans of this disease cope with the daily struggles of living with kidney disease. If you are affected by kidney disease you are welcome here, that includes all types of dialysis Hemo, PD, Home, or maybe you will soon be starting dialysis. If you are a spouse, relative, friend, or a loved one you are also welcomed here. Also if you work in the dialysis field you too are welcome here on this site. So come to our forums and have a look, we are the biggest and most active dialysis message board on the Internet.

Just want to commend the admins, the moderators and all of you lovely members who contribute to this vision. I am particularly gratified with those who joined us since the passing of Epoman, but who have totally fallen in with the vision of this site.  Keep on keeping on!!

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 03:05:26 PM »

It has become very successful and I wish Epoman could see it now.

When Epoman passed we had 800 members, a few meetings among select members and a vision for a get together of members.

Look at us now, 2082 members, Vegas get together in 2007 and now a planned get together Chicago and Vegas for 2008.

As Epoman would say.. WE ARE NUMBER 1 BABY!!
donnia
Elite Member

me and my donor Joyce

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 08:50:57 PM »

I joined not long after Epoman's passing.  I just wish I would have found this site earlier.  I am so proud to be a part of this family.   :grouphug; 

Thank you bajanne for reminding us of Epoman's visions .......  and thank you mods and members for making this such a wonderful family. 

Born with one kidney 1972
Ureter re-constructured 1975 (reflux had already damaged the kidney)
Diagnosed and treated for high blood pressure 2000
Diagnosed ESRF October 2006
Started dialysis September 2007
Last dialysis June 4, 2008
Transplant from my hero, Joyce, June 5, 2008
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 09:10:46 PM »

This site has become home for many people seeking advice and thoughts on ESRD and dialysis. It has become family.  I call you all "my people" to my own family.

Enough love and encouragement!
Now get back to posting!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
kevno

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 09:36:51 AM »

Epoman would be very proud of the site now. He always encouraged us the members of IHD to spread the word. We did, When i joined only
only about 60 members now over 2000  :2thumbsup;

Epoman (Bill) and I always had our small disputes about different things he was a very strong minded person, Plus always made it known this was his baby IHD.

I had the greatest respect for Bill, I still miss him.

But this little saying keeps me going!!

"RENAL PATIENTS NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!"
Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 02:27:34 PM »

I think he would be so proud!  :2thumbsup;
Adam_W
Elite Member

Me with Baron von Fresenius

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 03:28:04 PM »

I joined IHD right around the time he passed, and I also wish I had gotten to know him. I honestly don't think I'd be where I am now (home dialysis, knowledgeable about my health, etc.) without this site. I no longer really think of IHD as "just an internet site", but as the means of communication with my dialysis family. Thank you Bill.  :angel;

Adam

-Diagnosed with ESRD (born with one kidney, hypertension killed it) Jan 21st, 2007
-Started dialysis four days later in hospital (Baxter 1550-I think, then Gambro Phoenix)
-Started in-centre dialysis Feb 6th 2007 (Fres. 2008H)
-Started home hemo June 5th 2007 (NxStage/Pureflow)
-PD catheter placed June 6th 2008 (Bye bye NxStage, at least for now)
-Started CAPD July 4th, 2008
-PD catheter removed Dec 2, 2008-PD just wouldn't work, so I'm back on NxStage
-Kidney function improved enough to go off dialysis, Feb. 2011!!!!!
-Back on dialysis (still NxStage) July 2011 :(
-In-centre self-care dialysis March 2012 (Fresenius 2008K)
-Not on transplant list yet.

"Don't live for dialysis, use dialysis to LIVE"
Loretta

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 11:35:03 AM »

I really enjoy this sight,  It is so nice to communicate with people who understand this world of Kidney failure.  Most people don't understand, because they just don't have the experience or the vocabulary to really understand it.
Thanks to all of you! :grouphug; :thx;
Loretta
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 09:47:20 PM »

i think of epoman often, especially when i come across a thread he posted it. it usually makes me cry. i didn't know him well enough, but i know he would have been proud of what we have become. as susie would say "thanks boss"

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »