I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2024, 12:28:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Oh No, you didn't
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oh No, you didn't  (Read 6302 times)
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2008, 03:01:07 PM »

I want to move.
flip
Elite Member

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2008, 04:48:21 PM »

I don't think I would want the extra time, even with a meal.

That which does not kill me only makes me stronger - Neitzsche
Loretta

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2008, 09:05:54 PM »

I often take an apple and a protein bar to dialysis.  I try to eat these,  I feel better driving home if I eat the protein bar.  The apple is usually all I need for fluid.  Sometimes I ask for a little ice or water, but usually I am so cold that i don't want any.  Their is a coffee pot on in the waiting room, and some may have the techs bring them a cup, but I never drink coffee.  I don't very often even drink hot drinks, but it does sound good to have a hot drink when I am freezing at dialysis, but it is hard to fix one when it is 110 degrees outside.

Loretta
draven

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2008, 01:16:26 AM »

Well i don't eat that much even at home. I'm not really into desserts but when u have 4 hours to kill its a good distraction.
Our Weather Here is pretty hot most days and for some reason im the only one on dialysis that does not use blankets.I dont get cold on dialysis.
So i normally go for the Apple Juice.
JasonEb

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2008, 01:38:57 AM »

My unit is pretty decent about giving ice/water/coffee, though I always bring my own thing to drink.

We're also allowed to eat.  In fact, I can't get through a treatment without eating lunch (my time is 11:30 AM to 3:00 PM) without getting sick.  I usually bring in the same thing:  A Chick-Fil-A Chargrilled Club Sandwich, a regular Chick-Fil-A sandwich, and (if I'm really hungry that day) a medium waffle-fry.  I know it's not the healthiest meal, but it's usually the only times all week that I eat fast food.

Oh, and I have a 32-oz. Cherry Frost Icee as my drink.

Now if I can just get them to lift that 'using the restroom during the treatment' ban....

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2008, 07:00:42 AM »

I usually bring a large cup of ice and snacks.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
kevno

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2008, 04:50:35 AM »

We never get coffee on our unit :-\ Just everything else :2thumbsup;

But this little saying keeps me going!!

"RENAL PATIENTS NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!"
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2008, 12:01:45 AM »

We get a grand total of nothing!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
cabarle

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2008, 01:19:24 PM »

Hi.

I Currently Dialyze at a Hospital here in Cape town, South Africa.
The Menu is OK, you get to choose between 4 main dishes which change each day. you can get spaghetti bolognese or roast chicken or fish.
for Dessert you can have Jelly (Jello) and Custard, or Cheese cake & Fruit Salad. although they took the fruit salad away from me, because it had oranges in it :(. Strange thing is they never took away the Cheese and tomato sandwich from me. ;D

I travel a lot out of the USA and have seen similar arrangements while under treatment. I tend NOT to eat, simply because I don't enjoy eating on the machine. However, I do like a cup of coffee. The exception to this rule was when I dialized in the Philippines - I truly enjoyed McDonald's deep fried Apple Pie with my coffee. The McDonald's Baked Apple Pies in the US are too bland for me.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »