I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 13, 2024, 10:18:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  The IHD Family - Our Members
| | |-+  How long have you lived with CKD?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How long have you lived with CKD?  (Read 9903 times)
CW

Yeah .............That's me!

« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2008, 01:14:58 AM »

Thanks for the response everyone hearing all your stories e is encouraging. I can sincerely say that I hope we all live to a ripe old age, have the pleasure of seeing our loved ones succeed in life and have some fun along the way. May the God of your choice bless you all!

*Common Sense is an uncommon thing

20 years navigating ESRD
Had a transplant but it rejected

To all of my kidney brothers and sisters who have left too soon -
Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night.  I miss you like hell.  ~Edna St Vincent Millay
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2008, 04:20:01 AM »

I ignored a doctor's concern about the state of my kidneys in June 2004.  It was a doctor here in the BVI and I was about to go to Barbados for my summer vacation.  I told him I would check with my doctor in Barbados.  But once there..... (and I was not feeling ill in any way) you know.
Then I had some really bad feeling the next year.  I found I would be puffing and panting after only about three steps up the stairs at school. then one afternoon in Sept, it was so bad, my daughter took me to the hospital.  I was admitted suffering from congestive heart failure and fluid in my lungs.  they fixed that but announced that I only had 15% renal function.
So, I started dialysis in September 2005, but thankfully, I found IHD just before I started!!!
THREE YEARS THIS SEPTEMBER!!

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2008, 08:39:55 PM »

I was diagnosed in 1993, so that's 15 years ago give or take.. though they believe I first "got" CKD when I was an infant, so let's say around the age of 2... so that's 36 years.....

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
pastorb

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2008, 02:32:44 AM »

hey my name is Brenda.   I am new 2 this site.  i was n kidney failure 5 years before being diagnosed with ESRD.  I have been on dialysis since november 2007.  only about 8 months.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »