I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 11, 2024, 10:27:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  "FOSRENOL" Who uses it or has tried it?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "FOSRENOL" Who uses it or has tried it?  (Read 12854 times)
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2006, 12:45:35 PM »

I hate to discuss this openly like this but i would like some advice as well,  I am on Fosrenol and there have been a couple of times where i have thrown up what i just ate after trying to chew and swallow these damn pills,  it doesnt happen all the time, but it's almost like i upset my stomach so much in the middle of the meal just thinking i have to take them that by the time i do take them, i am just so grossed out, up they come,  i didnt have that problem in the beginning, but it seems like the more i take them, the harder it is for me to get them down.  I was on Renagel to begin with but because my phosphorus was always running high, they switched me to this, but, i never took my renagels faithfully so i am hoping to talk to my nephrologist and see if can try either renagels again or phoslo,  i swear under oath your honor, that i Susan (Goofynina) will take my pills faithfully if you please give me the chance :)  (how did that sound?)  pathetic enough? or needs a little more drama?  i will work on it :) :)

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2006, 02:18:03 PM »

Pathetic but truthful.  I, too, am bad about it.  Just had lunch and took the Fosrenol like a good girl should. >:D  Sometimes I just get sick of being sick!!  Then I look at how patient my husband is and I say Geez! With all he has going on and he is still nice.  I just cannot do it!  I cannot be nice sometimes it is just too much.  Stop me before I rant on! ;D

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Zach
Elite Member

"Still crazy after all these years."

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2008, 02:00:28 PM »

From Shire, the makers of Fosrenol (lanthanum carbonate):

"... While lanthanum has been shown to accumulate in the GI tract, liver, and bone in animals, the clinical significance in humans is unknown."

There are always risks v. benefits.  The choice is yours.
 8)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 08:31:27 PM by Zach » Logged

Uninterrupted in-center (self-care) hemodialysis since 1982 -- 34 YEARS on March 3, 2016 !!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No transplant.  Not yet, anyway.  Only decided to be listed on 11/9/06. Inactive at the moment.  ;)
I make films.

Just the facts: 70.0 kgs. (about 154 lbs.)
Treatment: Tue-Thur-Sat   5.5 hours, 2x/wk, 6 hours, 1x/wk
Dialysate flow (Qd)=600;  Blood pump speed(Qb)=315
Fresenius Optiflux-180 filter--without reuse
Fresenius 2008T dialysis machine
My KDOQI Nutrition (+/ -):  2,450 Calories, 84 grams Protein/day.

"Living a life, not an apology."
mixplix

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2008, 11:25:47 AM »

I take it, and renagel too. I like the taste though. I'm strange. No problems with nausea. Now the sensipar on the other hand makes me sick.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »