I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 03:23:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Physical exhaustion
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Physical exhaustion  (Read 7132 times)
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2008, 07:52:30 PM »

Absolutely!  You can't even describe the level of "tired".

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Sunny
Elite Member

Sunny

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2008, 08:22:58 PM »

This issue of being tired:
It hits you to the core. It almost makes me afraid to try things sometimes because I am afraid of the exhaustion.

Sunny, 49 year old female
 pre-dialysis with GoodPastures
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2008, 03:49:44 PM »

kickstart did you change mode of transportation,,,,,,, bike to space craft

I am so freaking tired and it's even gotten to where I am too tried to sleep. I was in the hospital for two weeks and expected to bounce back home and be ready to go.....not gonna happen...... my house looks like it needs attention but screw it.....I sweep and then a month later I have to do it again.......(sort of joking)\
I am so happy, my husband has to stay for a junior high school dance and I will be alone until 8 pm...
his dinner is ready and I am not going to eat it------ I want a kid's meal.....(saving some toys for Ang, please do not tell him) :secret;
my energey is lower and I feel guilty about it.....
kellyt
Elite Member

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2008, 03:59:38 PM »

These last few days I've been just lying on the couch watching TV, messing with the computer, and napping.  Sometimes it's just my body that tired.  Mentally I'm alert and thinking of all the things I need to do, but I just can't make myself get up.  But this week it's been mental and physical.

1993 diagnosed with glomerulonephritis.
Oct 41, 2007 - Got fistula placed.
Feb 13, 2008 - Activated on "the list".
Nov 5, 2008 - Received living donor transplant from my sister-in-law, Etta.
Nov 5, 2011 - THREE YEARS POST TRANSPLANT!  :D
fluffy

Fluff!

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2008, 12:57:49 AM »

im exhausetdmost of the time, but i cant seem to fall asleep before 6 am. My appetites coming back a bit   but thats makign me put on weight :(
JasonEb

« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2008, 01:46:44 AM »

I cover up my exhaustion by being naturally lazy and a procrastinator.

But I've found that if I chop up the chores and errands throughout the day, it's a lot easier than trying to do them all at once.

~Jason E.
bolta72

my best friend

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2008, 04:54:43 AM »

I am on my 2nd year on in center hemo and I must say I have been feeling great. I used to tire alot but not as so much now. I find that moderate exercise helps. Things seem to get better as I raise my dry weight .5 every couple weeks.

gotta do what I gotta do.. 2 yrs in ctr hemo
Robby712

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2008, 02:11:41 PM »

Exercise, Naps, and sneak a Red Bull when all else fails.  I had a small can before I cleaned my entire house today...I can live with the fluid intake and relative high sodium (200mg) as long as it's a precursor to me getting something done I otherwise wouldn't do. 

G

Let's go steal some pic-nic baskets Boo-Boo

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2008, 02:23:42 PM »

Take smaller bites! Before I was diagnosed in 04 it took almost 60 days to complete 700 running feet of three rail fence. And that was with a tractor and post hole digger! I just thought I was so tired because I was driving 200 miles a day working graveyard. When I finally went in with kidney stones I got the diagnosis. It all started making sense then. Even the neighbors had asked my wife if I was OK? "he seems to be moving awful slow" Are you on dialysis yet? It will get better once you develop a routine.

No kidneys
No spleen
No parathyroid
On list as of 10/07
Still fun
monrein
Member for Life

Might as well smile

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2008, 03:21:08 PM »

I did some gardening today and the only way I could do it was work five minutes, rest five minutes and I had a friend there to help me with the more tiring physical bits.  Just last year I was doing six hours at a go, more or less non-stop.  I think though that it's important to start small and keep going a little more each time.  That's the only thought that keeps me going.  My poor 89 year old mother-in-law kept wanting to help me but I just had her sit and keep me company.  One of the saddest parts of ESRD right now for me is that I want to do more things with her and for her but really can't and I know she won't be here forever. 

Pyelonephritis (began at 8 mos old)
Home haemo 1980-1985 (self-cannulated with 15 gauge sharps)
Cadaveric transplant 1985
New upper-arm fistula April 2008
Uldall-Cook catheter inserted May 2008
Haemo-dialysis, self care unit June 2008
(2 1/2 hours X 5 weekly)
Self-cannulated, 15 gauge blunts, buttonholes.
Living donor transplant (sister-in law Kathy) Feb. 2009
First failed kidney transplant removed Apr.  2009
Second trx doing great so far...all lab values in normal ranges
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2008, 03:48:47 PM »

Yup, chore day for me comes in little managable chunks now, too.  I got up late - sleeping in helps! - and immediately started on laundry.  Then I rested while I had some breakfast.  I did a nice slow mile on the treadmill, then rested again while surfing IHD.  Then I did more laundry, flattened boxes and hauled them to the car, carried misc. things to the cabin for storage, and rested and had lunch.  Then more chores - cleaning the floor, getting my material library organized, and sweeping.  Now I'm going to rest, have dinner, and see if I have enough ambition to do some more organizing in the craft room.  I don't get nearly as much done as when I could clean one end of the house to the other in one fell swoop, barely breaking for lunch, but I do get things done without making myself sick.

I figure if anyone wants to complain about my housekeeping, I am more than happy to let them take over!

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2008, 12:35:38 AM »

I used to be able to clean the entire house in a swoop. Now I call my mother and tell her to tell me to stop cleaning.  I get in these moods and god help anyone who gets in the cleaning frenzy way. But when it is over I collapse. But now I chunk up the house.  I clean one room or area at a time.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »