I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 06:41:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  Fresenius in Miami area (Hialeah actually)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fresenius in Miami area (Hialeah actually)  (Read 4432 times)
mysty

I'm here.. for us.

« on: May 07, 2008, 08:17:43 PM »

Family blames water at clinic for father's critical condition

Related Links
Video: Poisoned water
HIALEAH, Fla. (WSVN) -- A family is angry at a South Florida clinic, blaming the water for their father's critical condition.

According to family members of Tony Estevez, Fresenious Medical Care of Hialeah withheld vital information from the family that is slowly killing their father.

According to his daughter, Noemy Estevez, she can hardly comprehend how they got to this point, after only three weeks ago, her father was exercising with her. Estevez is now recovering from a pentuple bypass. The facility provides dialysis for patients.

Noemy said she continued asked Tony's medical care in Hialeah, if something was wrong. "We continually contacted the center, and I feel that we were continually told nothing out of the ordinary is going on at the center," said the daughter.

Only after Tony had a heart attack did the center admitted there was a problem. Fresenious Medical care of Hialeah told Seven News on Wednesday: "Abnormal conditions in the facility's water system resulting in the presence of chloramine were identified... The abnormal conditions were corrected within 24 hours..."

Noemy Estevez claimed this was all new information, because she always asked the center if there was something wrong. "I just feel that statement in particular does not address us, because at no point were we notified. Contrary to that we notified them," she said

Last month, Tony's family saw a week long of spiral weakness and not eating. "While chloramine or chlorine is added to city water to protect the rest of us from bacteria, it kills red blood cells in patients that are on dialysis," said Robert Boyers the Family's Attorney. "The cover-up is criminal, because in this case the cover-up caused the harm," he added.

Fresenious most recent government inspection last year, came up clean. But in the inspection prior, State Health Regulator cited the clinic twice because water was not adequately purified, the medical director did not have staff privileges at Palmetto General, and patients were dissatisfied with doctor's visits and the amount of contact with their doctor.

The inspector even stated, "This is an accident waiting to happen," said Renee Fletcher.

Estevez remains in critical condition at the clinic.

Love does not come by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.
flip
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 09:04:35 PM »

It doesn't really matter as long as the profit margin is consistent.

That which does not kill me only makes me stronger - Neitzsche
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 09:27:11 PM »

:Kit n Stik; :Kit n Stik; :Kit n Stik; :Kit n Stik;

Someone needs a beating at that clinic!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
mysty

I'm here.. for us.

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 03:14:11 AM »

And if you read my other post on the other grouping.. you would be even more  :Kit n Stik; cause thats the one Keith is scheduled for when he comes down  :banghead;

Love does not come by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »