I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 07:24:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Transplant Discussion
| | |-+  tissue tests
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: tissue tests  (Read 1830 times)
Psim

« on: April 02, 2008, 05:10:19 PM »

I just got a call from the transplant nurse saying they want to do tissue tests next week. I know it's not a big deal, but I'm very excited, cause it's the next step.  :bandance; I have a vague memory that they have to do tissue tests from you and your donor at the same time... is that right? If so, why?
Psim

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 11:03:21 AM »

My friend who's offered to be a donor was in Vancouver this week for all the last big tests. She called me yesterday to tell me she flunked the kidney function test -- one of her kidneys is much better than the other... Thank God she had enough function to last her well for the rest of her life, but not enough to be a donor. I'm disappointed, but not terribly. As people here have taught me, if you count to much on any one person coming through you will break you heart over and over. There are a few other people getting tested, but no one else is very far along in the process yet. So it's time to put all that out of my mind and enjoy the spring.
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 11:44:32 AM »

It is a big deal anytime they are doing something. Good for you Pism, That may be one less procedure no matter how you look at it. Keep us updated.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »