I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 08:19:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Another eventfull night !
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Another eventfull night !  (Read 3532 times)
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« on: April 24, 2008, 08:16:38 AM »

Well i did my capd last night came downstairs and sat down to watch tv when it started ..a terrible pain in my chest , sweat pouring off me again. So i rang the emergency services and an glad to say by the time they arrived the pain had almost gone. Today despite loads of tests no one knows what caused it , my heart appears to be in good working order! but this is how i should imagine a heart attack feels ! Today im a total mess ,its not that i feel ill , its just like major panic or even in shock ..i cant stop getting tearful because to be honest im frightened of dying alone. All day all i have done is worry myself into a state. Im just waiting now for my renal nurse to call to my home and have a chat with me. I will update you all later

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
Yvonne

Yvonne

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 08:23:14 AM »

Hi Kickstart    I'm from the UK. I'm looking after my husband John.  It scares me to death when John has a turn, so just can't imagine what it's like if your on your own.  Please feel free to email whenever you feel alone, I could always be there for you.  I think the renal nurses are just great we always feel very positive after a visit from them, all the best to you  Yvonne

2007- since January 2007 carer to my husband John who has the following, allways been a very fit man up till then.
2007 - January Renal failure
2007 - March Diagnosed with a Horseshoe kidney and bladder cancer.
2007 - June One kidney, Prostrate and Bladder removed with stage 4 cancer. Urostomy
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 08:24:23 AM »

Oh KICKSTART I'm so sorry. I can't answer any of your questions but can you hugs and prayers.  :cuddle; Take care and keep us updated.

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 08:34:56 AM »

Sending love and hugs  :cuddle; because that's all I can do.  Is it a panic attack? They can happend when you least expect (you don't need to be actually panicking) and feel like a heart attack, my sons's friend (aged 23) has stared having them for no particular reason and they sound very much like you describe.

I hate to think of you being alone. I wish we could do more than 'be here' for you, but we are. xx
petey

MEMBER BANNED

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 09:03:29 AM »

Oh, Kickstart -- how terrifying for you!  Those of you who can do this alone have my greatest admiration.  Even though it might not help, Kickstart, we're all right here for you. 
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 09:32:26 AM »

have they checked you for blood clots (pulmonary embolism) when i had mine the pain came and went. hope they figure it out soon and you are feeling better.

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
oleboy

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 12:05:21 PM »

:grouphug; Don't stop till you have an answer to what caused the pain, it wasn't normal so you need to find some one with the right answer.

EDITED: fixed smiley tag error-kitkatz,moderator
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 03:53:47 PM by kitkatz » Logged

'hold fast your dreams for if dreams die life is a broken winged bird that connot fly.'
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 12:22:01 PM »

:kickstart;              I think you are nervous about being alone. Who wouldn't be? Please be careful and take care of yourself.
                            Is there anyone who could call at set times and check on you? Does anyone in IHD live close to you?
monrein
Member for Life

Might as well smile

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 12:36:24 PM »

Hey KS, that sounds like it was really scary.  Do you have Lifeline or LifeAlert or whatever they might call it in the UK?  My mother-in-law wears a pendant thingy around her neck and if she ever falls or whatever she presses it and it's hooked up to the phone.  The company answers and can talk to her from wherever she is in the apartment (even the shower).  They also check in every now and then just to verify that the system is in working order.  Terrific peace of mind for her and us.  They will call an ambulance or the front desk at her place or us depending on the emergency.
Hope you can discover what the pain was and put your mind at rest.  Thinking of you.

Pyelonephritis (began at 8 mos old)
Home haemo 1980-1985 (self-cannulated with 15 gauge sharps)
Cadaveric transplant 1985
New upper-arm fistula April 2008
Uldall-Cook catheter inserted May 2008
Haemo-dialysis, self care unit June 2008
(2 1/2 hours X 5 weekly)
Self-cannulated, 15 gauge blunts, buttonholes.
Living donor transplant (sister-in law Kathy) Feb. 2009
First failed kidney transplant removed Apr.  2009
Second trx doing great so far...all lab values in normal ranges
annabanana

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2008, 12:47:33 PM »

:grouphug; :grouphug;  :grouphug;

caregiver to Randy:
HepC and stage 4 ckd
1 kidney removed (cancer)Aug07
Sunny
Elite Member

Sunny

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2008, 01:45:29 PM »

That sounds like a terrible experience for you.
I hope you are feeling better now and that it doesn't happen again.
If it does, then it's time to follow up with your doctor.

Sunny, 49 year old female
 pre-dialysis with GoodPastures
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2008, 03:55:09 PM »

I hate episodes like that and then the medicos find nothing wrong.  Makes you feel kind of psycho.  Then worried.  Lots and lots of  :grouphug;.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
flip
Elite Member

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2008, 04:45:29 PM »

I know how you feel, Kick. I live alone too and sometimes worry about something happening and no one being there to help. Hopefully it was just a cramp from pulling off too much or just a simple anxiety attack. I would discuss it your nephrologist right away.

That which does not kill me only makes me stronger - Neitzsche
MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2008, 04:51:48 PM »

oh, KS!!!! How scary!!!!! I'm a single too, so I know how it is, being alone when something happens. VERY scary, and frustrating!

It might be panic attacks, it might not be. PLEASE do have it checked out as soon as possible!!!

:grouphug;
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2008, 05:04:35 PM »

I live alone also and it use to be scary for me but now I don't give a rats ass.  JUST TAKE ME!  I do worry about having a stroke and not being able to move and my dogs start to eat me because they don't get breakfast.  No Joke.  I just hope if whatever happens to me at home just kills me and doesn't leave me paralized and alive. 

Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2008, 05:16:18 PM »

Oh kickstart I'm sorry you have to go through all this alone. Anyone that has health problems such as these should not have to live alone. Wish I could help.  :grouphug;
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2008, 05:52:48 PM »

:cuddle;

Hang in there!

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

kidney4traci
Elite Member

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2008, 06:08:09 PM »

:grouphug; :grouphug; Hang in there !!!!!  I am sorry you are scared, pray they find out what's going on soon so you can relax a bit.   :bunny:

Married - three children.
Alports female, diagnosed ESRD 10/04
11/04  Hemo in clinic
6/07 hemo at HOME! 
2/3/09 - Transplant from an angel of a friend!!!
The Wife

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2008, 07:05:46 AM »

:grouphug; :grouphug; :grouphug;
Ohio Buckeye
Elite Member

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2008, 08:38:33 AM »

:grouphug;

If I must do this to live, I must strive to live
while I am doing this.
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2008, 09:05:23 AM »

KickStart, I am sorry this happened.  And I am sorry you are scared. I can't imagine how frightening the experience was.   I hope today is better. :grouphug;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »