I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 15, 2024, 01:19:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Tip for picking a surgeon and lists of criminal charges and complaints online
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tip for picking a surgeon and lists of criminal charges and complaints online  (Read 1612 times)
IrishGirl

« on: April 05, 2008, 11:16:53 AM »

Here is a great tip a surgeon I work with taught me. When he came to town, he found a Dr and went to him. While there, he asked that Dr "Who do YOU go to?"  Then, his wife went to a different guy who was a Dr and asked her "Who is YOUR Dr? And who is YOUR surgeon? "  And that is who they went to. The Drs and Nurses have a bit of an "in" on who is good and who is excellent and who is just so-so. If you are unsure or new in town, it can help along with other things like looking up their license online to see if they have any charges or complaints againist their license.

(See this website
http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/crim_admin_actions/crim_actions_gl.htm#s
KT0930
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 08:46:55 AM »

Yep, when I was changing nephs, I mentioned it to one or two of the dialysis nurses that I had an appointment with a new one. They all knew who I was seeing previously, too. Of the one I had been seeing, they all said, "Yeah, he's nice". Of the new one, they said, "Oh, you'll LOVE him!" Boy, were they right! I don't get to see him again until 6 months after my transplant (3 more months), and I can't wait!

"Dialysis ain't for sissies" ~My wonderful husband
~~~~~~~
I received a 6 out of 6 antigen match transplant on January 9, 2008. Third transplant, first time on The List.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »