I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 14, 2024, 03:14:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  No Fluid Pull-Out just Blood Cleaning
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: No Fluid Pull-Out just Blood Cleaning  (Read 1828 times)
cris

Nanay, superwoman, super dooper, best mother

« on: April 04, 2008, 03:05:31 AM »

Has anyone experienced this? Just on today's phone call to Mom, it happened again that she has not gained any weight. So the Nephs' recommended no fluid pull-out just blood cleaning. The Neph says Mom may have to increase her dry weight. Mom still pees a lot, tho the albumin is a bit high on her urine test. But her blood albumin is still on a comfortable level.

there is no greater love than this: "that a man lays down his life for his friend"
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 03:13:48 AM »

happened to me on the very rare times I gained no fluid weight
came in one time and I was under the dry weight thanks to vomitting and diarrhea
and if I cramp they will tell me let it just clean blood
 :stauffenberg;    good luck
KT0930
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 04:18:26 AM »

I had it happen a lot, since I still peed the whole time I was on dialysis. I hardly ever gained, and the few times they tried to pull anything off, I cramped horribly, so they'd end up giving me either saline or lots of water to drink anyway. This was when I first started dialysis and didn't really understand a lot of what was going on, so I don't know what my other numbers were like or what they meant. Heck, I really didn't understand "dry weight", either!

"Dialysis ain't for sissies" ~My wonderful husband
~~~~~~~
I received a 6 out of 6 antigen match transplant on January 9, 2008. Third transplant, first time on The List.
stauffenberg
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 08:36:54 AM »

For the first five years of dialysis I never had to have any fluid withdrawn, since my urine output was completely normal.  Then some idiot nephrologist came along and noticed that my blood pressure went high during dialysis.  I explained that that only happened during dialysis, and that when I was not on dialysis my blood pressure was normal.  He did not listen and decided to prescribe an anti-hypertensive drug known to damage the kidneys.  "It won't matter, though, because you already have no kidneys!" he chirped.  Well, I took the drug against my better instincts and as a result lost my residual renal function, so I had to endure the horrors of fluid restriction for the next three years I spent on dialysis.  As I always say, when medicine comes in the door, common sense goes out the window.
flip
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 10:54:36 AM »

It happens to me all the time. My urine output is still good and I don't gain between treatments. I sometimes actually gain a little bit because I have lunch wihile I'm dialyzing.

That which does not kill me only makes me stronger - Neitzsche
Lori1851

This is me Lori , Dustin's mom

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 12:02:28 PM »

My son use to just have his blood cleaned. Now they pull just alil off of him. He still pees but its decreasing.
Lori/Indiana
BobT1939

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 01:43:33 PM »

I am also a pee'er with no fluid build up. Just get a cleaning. Started at 4 hours now at 3:15./bobt

BobT
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »