I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 15, 2024, 01:28:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  When it rains, it pours, eh?!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: When it rains, it pours, eh?!  (Read 5706 times)
devon

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2008, 12:50:00 PM »

Stauff! Thanks for that advice!  That just might prove very important as I move ahead! I plan to do labs even more frequently than I do now as I need to keep a close eye on all my chemistry as I go forward.

As an update of sorts... I contacted the insurance provider and, as I thought, this procedure that will possibly save my life and push off dialysis and probably postpone transplant is NOT covered. They consider it an elective surgery, like getting my teeth brightened and whitened or cosmetic surgery like a breast impant, etc! How behind the times and pound-foolish can an insurance company be!? They'll pay for a $250,000 transplant and $12K per month dialysis but, god forbid, they should pay for a $10k bariatric procedure!?

So, I have to submit for a predetermiination, get denied, appeal, and then probably sue to get reimbursed. It should only cost them about $100,000 for the $10K procedure in the end. Maybe I should sell my stock in the health insurance companies? They don't sound very business wise, do they?

-Devon
Earlinda

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2008, 07:58:13 AM »

Good idea about trying to get your weight down, but I hate to see someone go through surgery for it.  None of my business, but surgery has so many side effects too. I have what we call a healing diet if you are interested.  I can email it to you.  It works wonders.  PM me if you want.    In any case, be careful.

Traci I am interested in the healing diet.  I just cannot seem to lose the weight and cannot remember a time when I was not a big person.  would you mind sharing it with me?

Earlinda
Slywalker

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2008, 08:50:23 AM »

Devon - best of luck with your procedures.  Keep us posted on the successes you will be realizing.

Sandyb
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2008, 07:06:21 PM »

I am waiting for my insurance to make a decision on my lap band
I am almost not at the lowest BMI (?)
this is my second time to try
the first time they forgot to tell me to journal about what I ate
so
a women at dialysis had it done a year ago Nov. and has lost about 80lbs and she has much more to go
she was upset about not losing it faster and I told her but look, you are not gaining
I have sleep apnea (spell check, where are you)
and I had heart surgery as a child
so waiting and hoping
I joined a lap band chat room and did not like it
I love IHD
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »