I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 15, 2024, 03:22:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Frustration!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Frustration!  (Read 2012 times)
Loretta

« on: March 29, 2008, 12:16:12 AM »

:rant; I am so frustrated I could just scream!  I had a fistula put in and after doing all the exercise etc  for three months they were having a hard time getting the needles in right so they decided it was too deep.  So I waited three months for a surgery date, and had a graft put in.  It was clotted off the next day, but I can not get into my surgeon for two and a half weeks!  IN the meantime my perma cath went out.  It had been working fine and then just quit.  I had a new one put in.  it has worked ok but not super for a couple of weeks.  Today it would not work so the stupid tech(This particular tech is the worst we have at our location) put my head down and then down more and then down some more, until my head was much lower than my feet.  Toward the end of the treatment I had had enough of that garbage and asked her to set me up some.  She said OK, but no because she was only getting a 250 flow. At the end of my treatment she asked if I was OK and I said "No!"  She gave me a dirty look. Then I noticed she had her 7 or 8 year old daughter with her.  The little girl had eyes as big as saucers and just stood there and stared at me.  After four hours on my head, being taken off of dialysis and cramping the last thing I need is an audience!!I wanted to yell and scream about her being in there but just kept quiet instead.  (Normally I love kids, I was a teacher for 20 + years and the little ones were my favorite.)
Now I thionk the graft incision sites must be getting infected because they hurt like hell!!!!!  I am eight days post surgery, and had been off pain meds for four days even at night. 

Also I have been playing around with this cancer in my kidney.  That surgeon felt like I should keep the kidney because it was still functioning a little  and my other one wasn't functioning at all.  He treated it withlazers and chemo several times.  Now the uretor(the tube from bladder to the kidney is blocked with scar tissue.  they put in a neph tube. A tube out my back to drain the kidney.  It was causing all kinds of problems  infections and skin problems around the exit sight.  Then it came out.  Now they don't want to put it back in because there is not any fluid build up in the kidney.  The problem is that I am at a super high risk for infection and have had infections with it.  Thus we decided to just go ahaed and take the thing out.  I have a surgery date of april 24 and am not looking forward to that surgery at all.  But in the mean time I am at high risk for infection. 

My Granpa's fuineral is tomorrow.  (He is 99.5 years old) It is six hours away from here.  None of that side of my family live around here at all.  I am so very sad because tonight seven of my ten brothers and sistrers are gathering in a motel to attend the funeral tomorrow and I want to be there but I am too scared of getting an infection to make the drive.  I am afraid of going into the hospital away from my drs.  My case is very complicated, and I have had so much antibiotic and most of it either doesn't work or I am allergic to it.  :rant; 

EDITED: Fixed smiley-kitkatz,moderator
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 10:38:42 AM by kitkatz » Logged
rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 12:35:22 AM »

I feel for you and am sending you a hug  :grouphug; Hope things will start to improve.
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 02:30:28 AM »

Sorry to hear of all your troubles. Sorry too for the loss of your Grandpa  :grouphug;  I pray things soon turn around for you

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
oleboy

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 07:04:53 AM »

:grouphug; Sorry you have had such a bad time and truly Sorry about your grand father.

'hold fast your dreams for if dreams die life is a broken winged bird that connot fly.'
st789

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 07:38:22 AM »

:big hug:
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008, 09:22:52 AM »

Where do you live?  It seems a long time to get into a surgeon.  You tell them that 250 blood flow is just fine.  You don't need to stand on your head.  You may have to dialyze 4 times a week or 4 hours instead of 3, but 250 is fine. 

My incenter Nocturnal dialysis is 8 hours at a blood flow rate of 250.  It is a longer more thorough cleaning.

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2008, 10:40:46 AM »

When it rains it pours.  I want to reach out and give you a hug!  :grouphug; I hope things get better quickly.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
paddbear0000
Elite Member

Dogs & IHDer's are always glad to see you!

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2008, 03:59:50 PM »

I'm so sorry! I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers AND HOPE THINGS GET BETTER SOON.  :cuddle; :cuddle; :cuddle;

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

...or sponsor me at http://walk.kidney.org/goto/janetschnittger
Twitter.com/NKFKidneyWalker
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659267443&ref=nf 
www.caringbridge.org/visit/janetschnittger

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2008, 04:06:04 PM »

:big hug:  Hope things get better soon. So sorry about your Grandfather.  My Grandmother died in Jan. 07 ay 102 and I couldn't get to her funeral because it was a 5 hour drive each way and it was the middle of the winter (a snow storm too actually).  Thinking of you. :cuddle;

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
Loretta

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2008, 05:00:16 PM »

Thanks to all of you who responded.  Everything is still about the same but I am now dealing with things better   :)
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2008, 05:10:49 PM »

our unit director would not let a little girl in at all
no one under 12
and then she raises hell and kicks all visitors out , young and old
 :wine; I wish I could send U a big drink of anything you like
I am thinking about you :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »