I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 11:31:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  The IHD Family - Our Members
| | |-+  Where's paddbear
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where's paddbear  (Read 4011 times)
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« on: July 23, 2009, 11:16:38 AM »

I have noticed that we have been missing some members? Anybody know?

I have also been watching for petey and saw that she was on here today.  :yahoo;

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 04:31:57 PM »

Paddbear is on Facebook a lot.  I read today that she is getting her new car and she is a team leader for her local Kidney Walk. 

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 04:47:45 PM »

Thanks paris.  :cuddle;

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
petey

MEMBER BANNED

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 05:54:18 AM »

Hey, willieandwinnie!  Yep!  I'm still around.  Our youth baseball league has been hosting a big state tournament all week, and I've been busy, busy, busy, busy.  It ends tomorrow.  Whew!

Also, Marvin's team won through the districts and played in the state tournament!  Marvin loved it!  His team lost out on Wed. after winning two games and losing two games.  His boys had a wonderful time, though, playing in the state tournament.

I've been working every day and every night at the ballpark, and I'm tired.  But, it looks like our league will make some good bucks off this tournament, and that will help support and fund our program.  So, it was worth it.
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 07:11:22 AM »

:yahoo; So happy to see your post petey. That's wonderful about your youth baseball league. Hope you can get some rest this weekend.  :cuddle;

paddbear0000
Elite Member

Dogs & IHDer's are always glad to see you!

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 05:26:08 PM »

I'm back and I'm doing fine. Thanks okarol, paul.karen, rose1999, MandaMe1986, breezysummerday and willlieandwinnie for wondering about me and checking in on me! You have no idea how much that means to me. I'm just sorry I never saw the messages until today!

I had originally taken a break due to severe depression. I needed a break from all things dialysis related (except for dialysis obviously!), it was just getting to be too much. I was going through a rough period with my meds, but the doctor finally got them adjusted and I'm feeling much better. The thing that really helped, however, was getting involved with the National Kidney Foundation's Kidney Walk. The work involved has kept me very busy and I feel like I have a purpose, which I haven't felt since losing my vet assistant job 5 years ago. In April, a close family friend from back in Maryland, who was also on dialysis, passed away. When he died, I had woke up in the middle of the night, the night I found out, and had this brilliant idea to start a team for the walk in my town. I've never even walked in one before, let alone been a team leader. I've been so busy trying to fundraise, that I just haven't had time to really contribute to IHD the way I like, so I just haven't been on. I've been so busy with it in fact, the NKF Serving Ohio asked me to become a committee member for their Dayton branch. I'm thrilled!

I wanted to let the IHD admins know that I did receive my IHD button. I really appreciate the hand written note too! Ii apologize, but I do not remember who wrote it though. Ever since I started dialysis, little chunks of my memory seem to disappear. Honestly, it's a little scary. I did print out a stack of the IHD poster though and distributed it at dialysis. They also posted them around the clinic. Some of the nurses,, techs and my neph have all checked us out and think this is a spectacular site for patients. I have my button proudly displayed on my bag I take with me!

Again, I'm sorry for disappearing so abruptly again! If it happens again, it's because of severe depression. It's the same reason I disappeared last year too. I'm hoping the meds and my involvement with the NKF will prevent it from happening again. I love you guys too  much!!   :grouphug;

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

...or sponsor me at http://walk.kidney.org/goto/janetschnittger
Twitter.com/NKFKidneyWalker
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659267443&ref=nf 
www.caringbridge.org/visit/janetschnittger

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 05:30:56 PM »

:yahoo; paddbear. It is good to hear from you and I am happy that you have found something to give you purpose as you say. You have to remember that we care about you and worry when we don't see posts from you so that should give you purpose also. Let us know how you are doing.  :cuddle;

breezysummerday

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 09:29:02 PM »

The thing that really helped, however, was getting involved with the National Kidney Foundation's Kidney Walk. ...had this brilliant idea to start a team for the walk in my town. I've never even walked in one before, let alone been a team leader. I've been so busy trying to fundraise, that I just haven't had time to really contribute to IHD the way I like, so I just haven't been on. I've been so busy with it in fact, the NKF Serving Ohio asked me to become a committee member for their Dayton branch. I'm thrilled!

Oh Janet...this is why I appreciate your sharing and peaks into your life, your enthusiasm is refreshing!

Bless your friends soul, as it was not in vain    :cuddle;

:cheer:   carry on     :cheer:

caregiver to Ray
renal failure 6/08
listed 7/09
~thank you epoman~
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »