I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 07:41:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Participate in Medicare Poll - Re: Vascular Access
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Participate in Medicare Poll - Re: Vascular Access  (Read 2138 times)
Black
Elite Member

« on: October 25, 2006, 08:18:35 AM »

I received the following e-mail and I think it would be good for them to get input from experienced people like all of you.

CMS wants to hear from you! The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)  is seeking comments on a proposed rule that could impact the quality of kidney care in America.

Comment to CMS Online
http://dvt.convio.net/site/PageServer?pagename=cms06_electronic_1506

CMS is deciding which vascular access procedures may be performed in Ambulatory Surgical Center (ASC) settings. Since these changes could increase patient access to quality kidney care services, CMS needs to hear from all kidney care providers (physicians, nurses, support staff), patients and family members on this important issue.

Please take a moment to comment online or mail a letter to CMS TODAY!

Support ESRD Patients' Access to Quality Care. There is clear scientific evidence that vascular access procedures are safe and can be performed in Ambulatory Surgical Center (ASC) settings.

Support CMS' Fistula First Initiative. Angioplasty codes should be included to permit a full range of vascular access procedures to be performed in accessible, cost-effective ASC settings.

Comments MUST be received by 5 p.m. on Monday, November 6, so please send your letter TODAY! ...

Thank you for helping!   

Go to www.kidneycareconnections.org

Address: 1155 15th Street, NW, Suite 1100, Washington, DC 20005
Phone: (202) 457-0417

Lorelle

Husband Mike Diagnosed with PKD Fall of 2004
Fistula Surgery  1/06
Fistula Revision  11/06
Creatinine 6.9  1/07
Started diaysis 2/5/07 on NxStage
Zach
Elite Member

"Still crazy after all these years."

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 09:40:40 AM »

I'm always a bit skeptical when DaVita sends out eMails to the patients to do its bidding.
Their web site is called, "Kidney Care Connections"  ... sounds as if they really do care about us patients!!

Has Davita given us the scientific and financial data to make an informed comment to Medicare?  What does, "all angioplasty codes, including CPT 35476" mean?  How much money is involved?  Is this just another way for DaVita, et al to increase their income at the expense of patients in need of vascular access procedures?

While I support CMS' Fistula First initiative, I think we patients need more information on what DaVita wants us to support.

Nothing against you, Black.    ;)

Uninterrupted in-center (self-care) hemodialysis since 1982 -- 34 YEARS on March 3, 2016 !!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No transplant.  Not yet, anyway.  Only decided to be listed on 11/9/06. Inactive at the moment.  ;)
I make films.

Just the facts: 70.0 kgs. (about 154 lbs.)
Treatment: Tue-Thur-Sat   5.5 hours, 2x/wk, 6 hours, 1x/wk
Dialysate flow (Qd)=600;  Blood pump speed(Qb)=315
Fresenius Optiflux-180 filter--without reuse
Fresenius 2008T dialysis machine
My KDOQI Nutrition (+/ -):  2,450 Calories, 84 grams Protein/day.

"Living a life, not an apology."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »