I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 08:29:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Transplant Discussion
| | |-+  Urine Color
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Urine Color  (Read 1851 times)
jollor

« on: March 02, 2008, 02:13:55 PM »

I just recently had a transplant it's been maybe a month now. I urinated a little while ago and it was very dark. I guess you would say tea colored.  I just urinated again a little later and the color was back to normal. I called the transplant coordinator and she asked if my stent was still in and I said yes. She said it might be causing irritation. She wasn't to worried because I have no other symptoms. I was curious to hear what you all thought. I ate some crab and seafood today  for the very first time. I was wondering if  that can affect urine color?  I'm not supposed to have blood drawn till Thursday but I'm going to take the work order I have to the lab tomorrow and see if they'll go ahead and draw on Monday.  I would love to hear from everybody to hear there opinion. I appreciate any help.

Michael
KT0930
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 02:17:08 PM »

jollor, I had the same problem while I was still in the hospital for my transplant, then it went away within two days of being home. I figured out that it had been the IV iron infusions I was given. Could it be some of the meds you're on? What about other signs of possible infection? Pain/burning while urinating? Fever? Shakes, chills, etc? As long as you don't have other signs of being sick, and the coordinator doesn't seem worried, I wouldn't be worried either.

"Dialysis ain't for sissies" ~My wonderful husband
~~~~~~~
I received a 6 out of 6 antigen match transplant on January 9, 2008. Third transplant, first time on The List.
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 02:28:41 PM »

jollor, My husband has had the same problem a couple of times. He is almost 6 months post tx and I did call transplant doctor and GP when this happened. They both said that he needed to drink more, he was becoming dehydrated. It did seem to do the trick, my husband had his stent for about 6 weeks and they said that it often irritates, especially men, sorry. DRINK, DRINK, DRINK.  :wine; And by all means, get your labs done and fax to transplant coordinator for them to check. Take care, and keep us posted.

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »