I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 02:27:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Discomfort while sleeping
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Discomfort while sleeping  (Read 1775 times)
rookiegirl

« on: February 24, 2008, 05:33:44 PM »

I've been on CAPD since November 2007.  For the last 4-6 weeks, my sleep has been disturbed because of some pain on my lower right or left or center belly.  The nurses and Dr says it's the cathether moving around in the solution and getting hung on nerve endings.

I'm normally a side sleeper.  When I sleep on my right side, after while my left side would start to hurt and vice versa.  So I try to sleep on my back, but after while, my center lower belly would hurt.  The pain always wakes me up.  I'm always tired the following morning because of lack of sleep.

Now my Dr. prescribed me to take at bedtime pain killers Darvocet.  I hate taking pain medicine.  I don't like how they make me feel.  I feel like I'm floating or falling.  I've never taken this type of pain killer before.  Another thing is the pills are huge.  I hate taking big pills.  I have a hard time swallowing big pills.  I have to always syke myself into taking the darn thing.

I'm debating to whether take the pain killer tonight so I can get some sleep.  But like I said, I hate taking pain med.  I just don't know what to do.

Does anyone out there have the same discomfort as me?  If so, what did you do?  I'm not a heavy sleeper.  I wake up at anything.  Maybe this is why the Dr gave me the pills so it can knock me out cold.  I don't know.  It's so frustrating.  Why is this happening.  Is this normal?  Will it go away?

2000-Diagnosed IGA Nephropathy
2002-1st biopsy (complications)
2004-2nd biopsy
10/03/07-Tenckhoff Catheter Placement
10/22/07-Started Peritoneal Dialysis
03/2008-Transplant team meeting
04/2008-Transplant workup
05/2008-Active Transplant list
3/20/09-Cadaver Kidney Transplant
4/07/09-Tenckhoff Catheter removed
4/20/09-New kidney biopsy
pdpatty

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 06:19:47 PM »

When I was on CAPD ,the doc had to go back in and tie the tube down. It would curl up and not drain. He said he didn't like doing it but if they did it for me .wonder if your pain would be enough to have it tied down.
NVRWKN

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 07:44:08 PM »

They told me the same thing when I was on PD. moving around. My pain wasn't so severe that it would wake me up but it was there. Good luck.

Never Weaken
angellady07

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 08:16:28 PM »

I hope your pain eases up. Take care and keep us posted.  :waving;
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 11:17:04 PM »

Rookiegirl, sorry to hear you are having pain, I hope you soon get some relief   :grouphug;

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »