I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 04:21:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis - NxStage Users
| | |-+  Tips for removing scabs
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for removing scabs  (Read 6513 times)
Roadrunner

« on: February 06, 2008, 08:37:43 AM »

Does anyone have any tips for removing scabs before using the blunt needles? 

My husband hates my poking with the tweezers trying to remove the scab.  He says the needles are easier on him than the scab removal.

Roadrunner
silverhead

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 08:45:25 AM »

For Sharon, I put on 2 small fabric band-aids with a "gob" of Neosporin (or any good antibiotic "salve") on the sites, when we get ready she removes them and wipes with an alcohol wipe and no scab, but a couple of spots on the pads show that the scab was softened and removed, maybe once a month their might be a slightly stubborn one to remove, I use one of the needles we have for saline extraction from the bag (new needle, not a used one of course)
Tom

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Roadrunner

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 11:08:47 AM »

How long do you leave the band-aids on?  I have been putting on alcohol wipes when I begin the snap and tap.  If I put them on earlier they seem too soft to grab and come off in itty bitty pieces.
Roadrunner
silverhead

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 11:33:07 AM »

I would only use the alcohol pads to clean the sight after the Neosporin (or any similar ointment)treatment, alcohol may soften the scabs but it evaporates way to fast and will leave the scabs to harden the same as before you wiped them......

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »