I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 03:24:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Interesting French forums
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Interesting French forums  (Read 2096 times)
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« on: June 12, 2006, 05:30:27 PM »

I was on the FNAIR forum, looking around.  There doesn't seem to be as much activity there as we have here, but there were some interesting threads.  Someone said that they heard that there is a new law in the United States, where anyone of good health can sell their organ(s).  Is that true?
Of interest too, was the thread where a lady wanted to be sure that her husband could still procreate, and wondered about the health of the baby.  Many answered telling of their situation where they had children after starting dialysis and how well they are doing.
I am going to invite any of them who write and understand English to join our forum.  It will be interesting to  have some interchange with them.

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
meadowlandsnj

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 06:41:05 PM »

You still can't sell organs in the US legally.  I don't know where anyone got that selling organs was going to be legal in the USA.  I usually am pretty up to date on transplant news and things of that nature but I haven't heard anything like that.  I've heard of organ brokers who obtain kidneys for people from other countries like Moldavia but usually the recipient has to go there for the operation.  I don't know how they get their immunosuppressant drugs when they come back to the USA or how they handle the doctor and lab visits.  What do you do show up at a transplant center after you come back from the transplant and say I need drugs and labs??  LOL  I would love to talk to someone who's actually done this and how it all worked out for them.  How do they get and pay for the meds, how do they do the labs, how much was the whole procedure and if they thought it was worth it. 

Donna in Joisey

Facebook: DonnaMarieMenard
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »