I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 01:15:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  Davita management finally come to the rescue of two clinics
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Davita management finally come to the rescue of two clinics  (Read 4952 times)
DavitastaffRN

« on: December 11, 2007, 08:36:08 PM »

:rant;

For years the teammates in two southeastern Ohio clinics had to put up with the most cruel, vicious, mean, selfish, and nasty manager in the history of dialysis.  For years this FA got people fired right and left, most simply because they stood up to her or she did not like them for whatever reason. Other good staff members left simply to get away from her. It was the most horrible years of our lives. She was without a doubt, the Hitler of dialysis.

The ROD in the area that has southeastern Ohio and West Virginia knew what was going on, and in my opinion, has tried to get rid of this manager and help out the staff but was never able to get it accomplished.  We have gone to him for a long time but things just kept getting worse and worse.  :banghead;   

Finally, after years of abuse and many complaints to people services, something was done. This person has been demoted and is now an hourly employee in the acutes.  What is funny about that is that she use to be the manager of the person who is now the acute manager. Both have talked about each other like they were dogs but now they have to smile at each other and pretend to the public that they can stand to be in the same room. At least now, as an hourly employee, she can’t destroy others peoples lives as she has done many times over.   :wine;

Its been a long time coming, but finally something was done. I guess DaVita finally had enough and found their heart and did what was right and just. Thank you DaVita. We can now get on with the business of dialysis and taking care of our patients without fear of reprisals.  :usaflag; 
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 08:46:16 PM by DavitastaffRN » Logged
kruep

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 08:56:02 PM »

After all of my experiences with DaVita I am glad to see that they finally did at least one thing right!!!!  It seems that they try to run off anyone who will work their tail off and actually cares.  I had the worst ROD's on the planet in Atlanta!!!!! Another story for another b***h session.
Hope all gets better.
kruep
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 09:06:20 PM »

No!  It is not good enough!  That person should have been fired!  Demoted means they are still getting a pay check and they still have human lives in their hands.  NO!  Fired is all that would be correct in this situation.

Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 03:23:24 AM »

Lets hear it all kruep.

I'm with Rerun on this one, she should reap what she has sown, maybe she will end up on dialysis someday and the techs she was mean to will be her techs once again in a different capacity.
kruep

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 11:27:34 PM »

I am sorry, I mis spoke, she should have been fired!!!
I am just surprised that they did anything at all!!!
DaVita seems to love folks like that.  I was the village outcast, that's why I had to leave. 
They are to worried about naming everything and sending you to get DaVitized instead of
allowing you to take care of your patients.
kruep
tmrwalters

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2007, 11:34:49 AM »

This story doesn't surprise me at all.  Our FA was reported to our ROD for not having 2 machines checked that were causing patients to be ill during treatment and she too was transferred and not fired.  Myself and another LPN were terminated for reporting the FA to the ROD.  Then we were threatened by Davita with legal action for telling the truth.  The FA was transferred to teach home hemo which meant an even cushier job.  There is nothing anyone could tell me about Davita that would surprise me....
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »